Permanent Reference code
:113667 Primary Location:
Multiple Locations, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Ottawa Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
- Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
- Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems
- Be empowered to lead and have impact with clients, our communities and in the office.
• Deloitte's Infrastructure & Capital Projects ("I&CP") practice continues to grow and requires talented, experienced professionals;
• We thrive on the challenge to be our best, to keep growing, and working together to deliver; trusted advice to help our clients and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual;
• Opportunity to do challenging work across infrastructure projects in a variety of sectors; and
• Opportunity to work alongside world class experts in the infrastructure space in an environment that supports personal development; and support in pursuing an accounting or finance designation (e.g., CPA, CFA, CBV, etc.).
A career in I&CP (part of Financial Advisory) will offer you the opportunity to work in a fast growing and challenging environment with like-minded people who are eminent in their field. It will enable you to work with high profile clients on a variety of Canadian and international engagements by developing solutions to the infrastructure challenges facing Canadian and foreign governments and investors.What will your typical day look like?
• Having advised on many of the world's largest and most complex infrastructure projects and transactions, we provide clients with the best advice on the challenges facing them today, as well as the vision to consider those yet to surface.
• Optimizing the return and outcomes throughout the lifecycle of an asset takes a highly skilled and experienced team of specialists. Our I&CP team offers an end-to-end service for investors, government agencies, developers, and operators of infrastructure assets and businesses in both the public and private sectors across the entire infrastructure lifecycle.
• Our team works with strategic and financial investors on infrastructure transactions, with all levels of the Canadian public sector on infrastructure delivery including business case development and infrastructure procurement, and with International Development Organizations (i.e. World Bank Group) and international governments on infrastructure delivery and capacity building.
• Our work spans various asset classes including but not limited to Social Infrastructure (Education, Healthcare, Government Facilities, etc.), Transportation (Roads, Airports, Rail, etc.), Environmental (Water, Wastewater, Solid Waste, etc.), Power and Utilities, Energy, Midstream Infrastructure, Telecom Infrastructure and Real Estate.About the team
Our I&CP group advises Canadian and international government and private sector clients on (i) identifying and developing sources of value and funding that can be used to acquire and sustain an infrastructure asset or service (ii) analyzing procurement options, including public-private partnerships (P3s), project finance, and conventional public procurement
(iii) analyzing potential M&A opportunities (either on the buy side or sell side) (iv) performing sophisticated financial and economic modeling (v) advise clients on corporate and business strategyEnough about us, let's talk about you
You are a someone with:
• Completed undergraduate degree with outstanding academic credentials (examples of our current team members' university degrees include commerce, engineering, architecture, finance, mathematics, accounting and business administration);
• 2-5 (Senior Associate) and 5+ (Manager) years of business experience in Infrastructure, Finance, Consulting or Commerce;
• Excellent visual, written and oral communication skills particularly articulating messages using Microsoft tools (e.g., PowerPoint, Word, etc.) - fluency in Spanish and/or French is considered an asset;
• Excellent Excel modelling skills; and
• Highly motivated with demonstrated ability to manage conflicting priorities and requests in addition to strong organizational and time management skills.
Previous experience in the following areas would be an asset:
• Experience in the roads, transportation, energy infrastructure or/and real estate consulting;
• Experience with public private partnership (P3) or other innovate procurement models for the delivery of public infrastructure;
• Experience in prior investing banking roles / transaction advisory services roles;
• Experience conducting jurisdictional scans, stakeholder consultations and market soundings, and developing strategic plans for the public or private sectors;
• Relevant valuations, financing, consulting and financial modelling experience;
• Excel VBA programming skills.
"At Deloitte we value the opportunity to network and build relationships with skilled individuals, even in periods where we are not actively hiring. If you would like to apply to this future opportunity role, and have the required qualifications, you can expect to be contacted by the recruitment team in September. "Our promise to our people: Deloitte is where potential comes to life. Be yourself, and more.
We are a group of talented people who want to learn, gain experience, and develop skills. Wherever you are in your career, we want you to advance. You shape how we make impact.
Diverse perspectives and life experiences make us better. Whoever you are and wherever you're from, we want you to feel like you belong here. We provide flexible working options to support you and how you can contribute. Be the leader you want to be. Be the leader you want to be
Some guide teams, some change culture, some build essential expertise. We offer opportunities and experiences that support your continuing growth as a leader. Have as many careers as you want.
We are uniquely able to offer you new challenges and roles - and prepare you for them. We bring together people with unique experiences and talents, and we are the place to develop a lasting network of friends, peers, and mentors. Our TVP is about relationships - between leaders and their people, the firm and its people, peers, and within in our communities.The next step is yours
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.Job Segment:
Consulting, Developer, Procurement, Wastewater, Water Treatment, Technology, Operations, Engineering
Management and Executive