Permanent Primary Location:
Kitchener, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching.
Partner with clients to solve their most complex problems.
Be expected to share your ideas and to make them a reality.Are you looking for an opportunity to work with the Financial Crime Team within the Deloitte Forensic practice? Read more below!What will your typical day look like?
You will work collaboratively with a diverse team including forensic accountants, lawyers and data specialists with expertise in investigations, anti-money laundering and anti-terrorist financing, open source intelligence, computer forensics, e-discovery and disputes to apply a structured project management approach that fully satisfies clients and delivers project profitability. You will contribute to project planning and status reporting. You will also analyze financial and non-financial data, build financial models, review email and publicly available records to identify issues and recommend solutions to project teams. You will begin to cultivate client relationships. This opportunity will allow you to develop your expertise as a financial crime investigator and dispute practitioner as well as your reputation as a business advisor while you contribute to the growth and development of the practice.About the team
Deloitte's team of forensic professionals helps clients react quickly and confidently in a crisis, investigation, or dispute. Deloitte forensic specialists use their global network, deep industry experience, and advanced analytical technology to understand and resolve issues. They deliver the proactive advice clients need to reduce the risk of future problems. They advise clients and their counsel by identifying, investigating and resolving financial irregularities and other behaviour resulting in financial, reputational and/or regulatory risk. The Forensic team also works with clients and their counsel to address complex and unexpected business disputes, class actions and associated litigation as well as computer forensic and e-discovery matters.
More specifically, Deloitte's team of Forensic professionals identify and investigate a wide range of financial crime including allegations of fraud, theft, money laundering, bribery and corruption, other financial irregularities and regulatory issues impacting clients in Canada and worldwide across all industries. They apply a variety of quantitative and qualitative techniques to analyze and mitigate alleged incidents of misconduct, identify the participants, secure evidence, locate/recover misappropriated assets and bring about a timely resolution to financial litigation. They also use their accounting skills on dispute matters to quantify business losses.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• Undergraduate degree in accounting, business administration, economics or a related field.
• Professional accounting designation preferred (e.g. CPA, CA); Additional specialization recommended (e.g. DIFA, CFF, CAMS, CFE, CBV).
• 2-5 years of experience in financial crime-related matters/forensic accounting.
• Experience in consulting or providing external advisory services.
• Demonstrated strong project problem diagnosis, keen attention to detail, high level of proficiency with all Microsoft applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), excellent communication skills.
• Eligible to receive Government of Canada Security Clearance - Secret II Level;
• Rigour, flexibility, humility, integrity and professionalism.Why Deloitte?
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production