Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway. TD Applications & Systems Development
covers technical planning, integration, systems analysis, design, development, unit and component systems testing, support-maintenance, and more. Meaningful, effective relationship-building is part of what these highly-skilled experts do best as they work together with technology project managers, delivery partners, business and systems analysts, testing and quality assurance teams, sponsors and so many other stakeholders to clarify requirements. Job Description Job Description
We are seeking a Senior Android developer to work as part of our mobile development team with focus on our mobile investing platforms. As part of the team, you will innovate, design and deliver solutions for a variety of projects related to our mobile investing platform
to deliver legendary mobile experiences for our customers.
You will have experience in developing native Android solutions within an agile development model with focus on seamless delivery, innovation and stability of the mobile platforms. This is an opportunity to be part of an innovative dynamic development team with a direct impact on customer experience in the mobile investing space. Responsibilities include:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Team first attitude, embracing and contributing to a diverse team of experts dedicated to moving the mobile investing space forward for TD
- Effective communicator able to work closely with technical experts, project teams, business and outside vendors in a collaborative 'pod' structure
- Interpret the System Requirements Specification (SRS) and System Design Specification [SDS] and develop solutions to initiatives that are in line with the intended design and standards
- Adhere to guidelines/procedures on highly complex or large-scale projects complying with the system development life cycle (SDLC) and project management methodology (PMLC) as related to agile development practices.
- Participate in code reviews to ensure quality, standards compliance, re-usability and ease of maintenance
- Deliver effective and efficient solutions by meeting key project milestones and ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget, and adhere to the corporate quality and security standards
- Communicate status and provide timely escalation of issues to ensure project objectives are met
- Continuously enhance knowledge/expertise in both the mobile development and investing spaces and keep current with leading-edge technologies trends/developments.
- Ability to innovate, share business value of proposed concepts via self-initiated rapid proof of concepts
- Provide technical support for escalated incidents/outages to ensure that they are resolved efficiently with minimal impact to stakeholders
- Provide input into the Application Deployment Plans and overall mobile app roll-out strategy
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to the business, quality, innovation and teamwork and ensure timely communication of issues/ points of interest
- Identify and recommend opportunities to enhance productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency of the business unit and/or team
- Participate in knowledge transfer within the team and business units
- Work on a broad range of tasks and multiple, concurrent projects. Prioritize and manage own workload in order to deliver quality results and meet timelines
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Undergraduate Degree or Technical Certificate.
- 5-7 years relevant experience.
- Advanced and extensive knowledge of the business (or organization), technical environment, standards, processes, procedures, programming languages and operating systems.
- Readiness and motivation (as senior or lead developer and valued subject matter expert) to address and resolve highly complex and multifaceted development-related issues, often independently.
- Strength in coaching and advising clients, partners and project teams.
- Commitment to and belief in the quality of your deliverables.
Nice to have:
- 5+ years experience in building iOS apps
- Solid oral and written communication skills - In depth knowledge and/or experience with Swift and Objective-C
- Solid understanding of multithreaded applications
- Experience with custom view creation from code and autolayout for dynamic screensize
- Experience with XCTest, Xcode instruments and git
- Experience with architecture patterns like POP, MVVM and reactive
- Understanding of IT Standards, UX Design, Accessibility, Agile Methodologies
- Comfortable with collective code ownership and pair programming
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools and scripts
- Knowledge of Direct Investment
- Experience with SwiftUI, Combine
- Experience with custom view animation and transition
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.