Permanent Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Build your leadership skills at Deloitte University.
Do you enjoy building immersive digital experiences? If yes, then look no further! What will your typical day look like?
As part of an end-to-end delivery, our Front-End Engineering team builds compelling digital experiences with a focus on channels such as web and mobile. You will work as part of an overall team, often composed of client and Deloitte resources, to deliver software that drives meaningful value and change for our clients.
About the team
- You will focus on building out digital experiences primarily for Android, using industry standard technologies and tools, and in conjunction with peers across disciplines such as creative, UI / UX, back-end service development and agile delivery
- On top of regular delivery work, you provide our clients with advice on digital change, identifying technical debt and recommending improvements to architecture
- Mentor junior members of the team and participate in code reviews to help them grow inside the team.
- Contribute to agile ceremonies including grooming, planning, scrums, retrospectives.
- Be a champion for inclusion and diversity, understanding that having a broad range of perspectives and backgrounds means that we deliver better work.
- Over time, build out insights and knowledge of the industries that we work in.
Deloitte Digital helps clients in turning this transformation into an impactful advantage by creating and realizing digital transformation success stories. We combine Deloitte's globally recognized strength in business transformation and technology implementation with the capabilities of a world-class digital agency. By leveraging user-centric thinking, design capabilities, new technologies and cloud solutions, we empower our clients and allow them to rethink how they connect with their customers across every platform, every device and every step of the customer journey.Enough about us, let's talk about you
As a Senior Developer, you have:
- A bachelor or higher degree in a related field
- Around 5 years of experience, preferably in client-facing consulting roles
- Experience producing mobile/web enterprise solutions in a professional development environment
- Some experience leading a project, working with others to solve problems, sharing knowledge and mentoring junior developers;
- Experience building positive client relationships by developing an understanding of customer's business needs and can translate them into technical requirements;
- Previous expereince in developing analytical and insightful recommendations to meet deliverable targets and complete project tasks within budget and to customer satisfaction;
- Experience in the development of client proposals;
- Strong communication and presentation skills (English and/or French);
- Flexible and open to travel up to 80% the time
- Knowledge in writing Java and Kotlin code. Knowledge in Android Studio, and the pros and cons of Viper, MVVM and other architecture approaches. In short, Android is your expertise;
- Experience in translating designs and wireframes into high quality applications with performance and accessibility in mind;
- Familiarily with the broader Google ecosystem, including things like Material Design, Firebase and GCP;
- A good understanding of git and have lots of experience with Bitbucket, Github and how they integrate with tools such as Jira. Knowledge of comparable source control tools (e.g SVN) are also valuable;
- Familarity with RESTful APIs and have knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JWTs;
- Previous experience with TDD approach for unit tests and know what the best tools are for the task;
- An interest in technology beyond Android. This could be back-end development (e.g. Node.js, Spring), design (e.g. UX expertise, Figma, Sketch), cloud technologies ( AWS, GCP, Azure), microservices, iOS development, etc.
Launch your career with The One Firm where you can make an impact that matters in a way that you never thought possible. With endless opportunities at every turn, and a culture built to support and develop our people to be the very best they can be, Deloitte is The One Firm
for you to learn, grow, create, connect, and lead. We do this by making three commitments to you:
The next step is yours
- You will lead at every level: We grow the world's best leaders so you can achieve the impact you seek, faster.
- You can work your way: We give you the means to be flexible in how you need and want to work, and we have innovative spaces, arrangements and the mindset to help you be wildly successful.
- You will feel included and inspired: We create a deep sense of belonging where you can bring your whole self to work.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities! We encourage you to connect with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
if you require an accommodation in the recruitment process, or need this job posting in an alternative format. We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Manufacturing and Production