Requisition ID: 104201
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of Triage Operations ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.Accountabilities
Education / Experience
- Investigate and assess customer alerted activity generated from the automated transaction monitoring system to identify potential money-laundering or terrorist financing.
- Conduct automated alert adjudication to close or escalate for further review. Request information as necessary from business units; maintain records and related documentation in accordance with regulatory requirements and departmental standard in the alert management system.
- Identify opportunities for efficiencies within Triage and system improvements and participate in the implementation process.
- Work collaboratively with other business lines and corporate stakeholder groups to implement appropriate due diligence and customer remediation steps to minimize regulatory and reputational risk to Scotiabank.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Maintain a sound knowledge and understanding of the Bank's AML policies and procedures.
- Keep abreast of new and emerging trends, typologies, and changes to legislation.
- Ensure all obligations under the PCMLTFA are being upheld, including the identification and timely reporting of designated individuals as well as politically exposed persons.
- Engage in other adhoc or administrative duties to support Triage as required.
- Foster a high performance and inclusive environment that attracts, retains, develops and motivates.
Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience or its equivalent in a financial institution in Audit, Compliance, Commercial or Retail Network. In addition:
- Strong analytical skills to make rational and logical deductions, at times with limited information.
- Ability to gather, analyze, organize, document and present large volumes of information in a succinct and organized manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced research skills to develop business intelligence on specific industries and business models.
- A sound understanding of corporate, commercial and small business banking products, processes, policies and practices.
- Proficiency with Bank product systems/platforms and common computer applications including Word, Excel, Lotus Notes and internet search engines.
- Solid knowledge of the Anti-Money Laundering and KYC policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of the Proceeds of Crime (Money Laundering) and Terrorist Financing Act and supporting regulations.
- Experience with SWIFT cross-border payments and messages would be beneficial.
- ACAMS/CAMS Designation would be an asset.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Web Design, Finance, Technology, Legal, Creative
Banking, Finance and Insurance