Requisition ID: 111610
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose
The Senior Analyst, Strategic Initiatives & Operations - Incident Management is accountable for the following:
This incumbent contributes to the overall success of the AML Operations Solutions team, providing global support, ensuring specific individual goals, plans, and initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are compliant with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
- Providing day to day support on selected operational activities within the AOG (80% of the role)
- Supporting end to end processes for key operational/risk mitigating initiatives: Ticketing System Queue Resolution, Internal Customer Relationships, Operating Performance Commitments, and Key System Operational Concerns (~20% of the role)
- Supporting strategic initiatives/projects (internal and/or cross departmental) for AOG (Limited)
- Managing day-to-day product requirements gathering and clarifying user stories directly with Business Owners participating in release planning and reviews, backlog grooming, and prioritization of requirements towards release implementation dates. (Limited)
- Provides support to investigate and resolve escalated issues and complex incidents impacting the Global AML Operations; conducts independent research on identified issues and liaises directly to clarify any issues. Ensures business is kept informed and that problems are escalated appropriately.
- Prepares clear and concise stakeholder incident communication that is appropriate and timely for both Business and IT leadership where necessary,
- Works closely with AML Ops and technology teams to lead troubleshooting of our most severe incidents with a focus on reducing Mean Time to Close; drive problem solving and root cause analysis with best practice techniques,
- Participates in the continuous improvement and execution of quality and timely major incident root cause analysis and blameless postmortem activities to ensure we take action to avoid similar problems in the future,
- Contribute to In-depth data analysis to gauge service trends and drive improvements.
- Play a key role in proactive communication of reliability, stability and efficiency results (based on Service Level Objectives) , service health (via dashboards) key reliability risks and issues to senior business and technology stakeholders - to prioritize activity (based on trend analysis ) and direct investment and action
- Participates in and organizes regular meetings with staff as well as ad hoc for the dissemination of information;.
- Providing feedback mechanisms for client groups and business line partners to share their needs and exploring future opportunities to improve support;
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge,
Actively participates in the various project phases from requirements through to implementation to sustainment from an incident management perspective by:
- Analyzing incident management and problem resolution data to identify trends, interdependencies among variables and be able to define impact on project scope, developing action plans and gaining agreement to solutions from all stakeholders
- Supporting and developing pilot/proof of concept as applicable as well as ensuring UAT/BAT is completed and satisfactory as applicable
- Contributing to pilot/proof of concept as applicable as well as reviewing UAT/BAT results supporting Post Implementation Validation where required
- Actively Seeking /Acquiring ways to drive effectives to business solutions by researching the Division's business strategies, changes to regulatory environment, evolving risk management practices and methodologies, updated operational processes, and rapidly changing technology to be able support the Global mandate of the department
Business Plan Execution (Incident Management Program) - Planning, monitoring and managing internal projects of moderate level of complexity from initiation through completion by:
- Supporting the Manager Incident Management in the design and implementation, for the following perspectives: business, IT and/or data management
- Developing and updating project plans (roles, tasks, expectations, project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, as required), implementation schedule(s) and facilitating signoff of schedules and plan
- Supporting, coordinating and conducting meetings, facilitating working sessions or presentations with Senior Management on the project 's progress
- Ensuring all appropriate departments are represented on the project team and results meet requirements regarding technical quality, reliability, schedule and cost
Relationship Management - Develops and maintains strategic relationships by:
- Establishing, building and maintaining relationships with internal AOG key stakeholders and departments within Canadian, International and Global Banking and Global Operations
- Working with a diverse working group, with varying expertise and job levels; and
- Building good working relations with external vendors and internal/external technology partners, as applicable
Business Continuity Plans (BCP):
- Work with AOG management to understand their respective business functions and corresponding criticality of functions to develop and document robust business continuity plans in compliance with bank/global operations standards
- Coordinate and document results of the required testing for each BCP
- Ongoing review business continuity plans for enhancement purposes; and
- Train/build awareness with AOG employees on risk management and disaster recovery steps
- Must support Delivery & Services Senior Manager and Director on day to day data inquiries/requests from the internal Customers
- Develop reporting on Database performance/productivity
- Document procedures and/or process flow maps for E2E processes; and
- Support AOG senior management on ad-hoc requests/reports/communication in relation to internal customers.
Operating Performance Commitments (OPCs):
- Work with AOG management on the development of OPCs and corresponding KPIs;
- Maintains/updates OPCs as processes change and/or through measurement of KPIs; and,
- Assists Delivery & Services Senior Manager and Director in the development of "cost allocation methodology" re services provided to partners.
Key Operational Concerns (KOCs):
- Support AOG management in tracking KOCs using tracking tool/s
- When applicable, work with AOG management to develop action plans to resolve/mitigate the risk of KOCs; and,
- Maintain documentation (reports, procedures, etc) in relation to KOCs.
Day-to-day support on selected operational activities:
Education / Experience
- Support Delivery & Services Manager and/or Senior Manager on routine/miscellaneous activities for the AOG such as (but not limited to) vendor invoice reconciliation, AOG organization charts, centre suite expense management/ governance, AOG staff database updates, System/Application control activities, Application license inventory, etc.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high-performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- University Degree or equivalent and a minimum of minimum of 5 years of experience in the financial services industry preferable in a global/matrix organization in compliance/risk management, project management, Audit and/or critical unit.
- Ability to build strong cross-functional business relationships.
- Ability to identify and implement continuous improvement initiatives to drive operational efficiency without compromising compliance requirements
- An analytical/systematic thinker with an understanding of the elements of project management gained through demonstrated experience and can translate business requirements to technical specifications for technology to implement.
- Demonstrates integrity when working with colleagues and leads others by setting example of required behaviors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to manage difficult conversations
- High Customer focus and high-risk management focus
- Excellent understanding of the Canadian banking industry
- Must possess an advanced knowledge of Excel, Power Point, and Business Intelligence reporting tools (e.g., Tableau, PowerBI, or other visualization tools), ITSM tools (ServiceNow, a plus)
- Demonstrated ability in a similar role where managing technology partners/products from end to end, all the way through to delivery, an asset.
- Results oriented and highly motivated with a keen ability to influence others.
- Self-reliant and pro-active approach to work
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Strong organization and time management skills
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Manager, Bank, Banking, Developer, Law, Management, Finance, Technology, Legal
Management and Executive