250 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
Supports the execution of accurate and efficient reporting solutions for risk, regulatory and management information to internal and external stakeholders including regulatory bodies. Supports an efficient and effective risk management function which uses common information sources and practices, reduces ongoing costs, increases service level performance and minimizes risk.
We're here to help
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Acts as a resource for team members with less experience
- Leads or assists with the maintenance, monitoring, measurement & reporting on the status of the risk reporting strategies performance.
- Designs, develops, and implements reporting solutions to meet management and regulatory reporting requirements.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of analytical and reporting solutions.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service for scheduled reporting production processes.
- Supports the maintenance, monitoring, and measurement of key risk indicators to internal & external stakeholders.
- Analyses data and information to provide risk-related insights and recommendations for the assigned portfolio e.g. capital at risk modeling, risk/return assessments, etc.
- Supports the interpretation of internal and external policies and regulatory requirements relevant to the analytics and reporting mandate e.g. regulatory reporting.
- Works with various data owners to discover and select available data sources from internal sources and external vendors (e.g. lending system, payment system, external credit rating system) to fulfill analytical needs.
- Ensures strong governance and effective controls across risk reporting activities and information in accordance with enterprise standards.
- Analyzes data and highlights significant information including variances, trends, opportunities and exposures; escalates as required.
- Provides information and supports the process for internal and external audits.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Supports the maintenance of operational procedures and processes related to analytical and reporting processes.
- Supports the development of tools and delivery of training focused on awareness and understanding of key data elements used in risk reporting.
- Participates in the design, implementation and management of core business processes to ensure the accuracy of risk data used in reporting.
- Organizes work information to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of risk management metrics, KPIs and KRIs.
- Knowledge of industry trends and regulatory requirements for risk reporting.
- Product knowledge for the designated business/portfolio.
- Knowledge of risk management theory, processes and portfolio management reporting techniques.
- Knowledge of reporting & analytics concepts and applications.
- Knowledge of risk systems technology.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.