100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Data Analytics & Reporting
The Quantitative Analysis and Strategy (QAS) team works closely with our partners within Corporate Treasury i.e. Structural Market Risk, Liquidity & Funding and Portfolio Management teams, and our Lines of Business partners across the bank. The team works to identify and quantify risks and opportunities through analyzing and modeling origination, utilization, prepayment behavior, pricing sensitivities, market size and revenue opportunities. The analysis and modeling work in the areas of mortgage, home equity, C&I and CRE loans, consumer & commercial deposits, various securities including MBS, ABS, Muni bonds, etc. are instrumental in pricing, valuation, interest rate risk measurement and hedging, balance sheet management and optimization strategies.
The Senior Analyst, Quantitative Analysis and Strategy in Corporate Treasury is ideal for one who wants to work on developing, enhancing, implementing and maintaining quantitative models and analytics suites. They would do so by using conventional econometric and machine learning techniques, for the purposes of asset liability and interest rate risk management, customer analytics, profitability, and stress testing under various macro-economic scenarios. This involves analyzing large account-level and transaction-level data, articulating the problem statement, and specifying the most appropriate quantitative solution.
New grads with demonstrable problem solving and critical thinking skills will be considered.
Applies knowledge of advanced analytic algorithms and technologies (e.g. machine learning, deep learning, artificial intelligence) to deliver better predictions and/or intelligent automation that enables smarter business decisions, improved customer experience, and drives productivity. Applies strong communication and story-telling skills to summarize statistical/algorithmic findings, draw business conclusions, and present actionable insight in a way that resonates with business/groups. Drives innovation through the development of Data & AI products that can be leveraged across the organization and establishes best practices in in alignment with Data & AI governance frameworks of BMO.
- Understand large, complex historical data and apply data treatment process using SAS, SQL, Python, R etc.
- Use Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence techniques to analyze loans and deposits accounts and customer-level data to specify models or quantitative assumptions that can help Line of Business and Treasury to better understand interest rate risk and customer behavior. Ensure that specification makes business sense.
- Write detailed documentation of the developed methodologies, including data construction, methodology specification, results, and testing.
- Put together PowerPoint presentations to present the developed methodologies to Line of Business and Corporate Treasury management to explain complex statistical techniques in simple business language.
- Communicate with model validation to ensure successful validation of the developed methodologies.
- Monitors and tracks developed and future model performance, and address any potential issues
- Construct dashboard presentation to assist business decision making and identify model performance issues in a more efficient way
- Help with routine processes such as stress testing model runs and annual model reviews.
- Assist with ad-hoc analysis requests from Line of Business partners and other Corporate Treasury teams.
We're here to help
- As a full-time employee, we would require 4 - 6 years of relevant experience, however as part of the BMO campus program, we are looking for motivated individuals with a strong desire to succeed. Post-secondary degree in related field of study is preferred.
- Knowledge of visualization techniques and concepts.
- Knowledge of distributed computing and/or distributed databases.
- Experience with programming languages (e.g. SQL, Python, R, SAS, SPSS, Perl) and machine learning /deep learning algorithms/packages (e.g. XGBoost, H2O, SparkML).
- Experience in statistical analysis, data mining, and data cleansing / transformation.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.