Senior Analyst, Quality Assurance
Location: Remote within, BC, CA
Job Function: Information Technology BCLC exists to generate win-wins for the greater good. For our people, our players, our province, and our planet. Lottery | Casino | Sports Being a social purpose company, we are not only able to better align our business decisions with our purpose, but more importantly, we are committing to doing our part in creating a better world. We generate win-wins by asking our employees, partners, and government stakeholders to continually evaluate the impacts of all activities and decisions on individuals, institutions, communities and the planet. Motivated and guided by our social purpose, everything we do must benefit the greater good.
We want you to be where you feel you can do your best work. This job can be done remotely providing you reside in BC.
For those who prefer working in a community with others, we have two beautiful offices in convenient locations:
2940 Virtual Way, Vancouver | 74 Seymour Street W, Kamloops
This is a Permanent, Full Time opportunity
Expected Salary Range: $70,177.00 - $87,722.00 - $109,652.00
Our typical hiring range will be +/- 10% of the midpoint shown above
Factors influencing this decision include qualifications and market conditions for the role The Company
For over three decades, BCLC has delivered exceptional gambling entertainment for British Columbians. We continue to revolutionize gambling entertainment through engaging experiences that build and benefit communities. We operate national and provincial lotteries in partnership with 3500 retail partners, provide the games, technology & oversight to 37 brick & mortar casinos, and operate a safe secure and 100% legal online gambling presence PlayNow.com. In our recently completed fiscal year, BCLC generated a record $1.636 billion in net income to the Province of B.C. to support First Nations, local host governments, health care, education and community programs across the province. Job Summary:
The objective of the Senior Analyst, Quality Assurance (QA) role is to create, manage and execute test plans, test cases and other test artifacts, ensuring that the products and services offered to end users and players meet both organizational standards and end-user requirements. The role identifies and capitalizes on automation opportunities with the aim of reducing manual functional testing and improving product quality.
The Senior Analyst, Quality Assurance provides expertise, analysis and advice to internal stakeholders within BCLC and co-ordinates the test activities and deliverables of vendors external to BCLC. Key Accountabilities:
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Develops test strategies and test plans for development and integration projects ensuring an effective and risk based testing approach to validating the integrity of systems.
- Responsible for the creation and timely delivery of all QA artifacts.
- Coordinates internal and external testing resources, manages system and data setups throughout the test cycle and supervises external contractors. Provides QA status updates and project-end reports to project stakeholders and the management group.
- Proactively identifies and drives the implementation of test automation opportunities.
- Proactively seeks out issue resolution by consulting with developers, vendors and project managers.
- Mentors and develops junior team members and contracted resources.
- Continuously improves the shared QA processes and tool use and actively cooperates in cross departmental workgroups.
- Responsible for Audit and Compliance, including rules and responsibilities, procedures, detailed change information, and documenting meaningful and understandable details about the system and/or applications.
Education and Experience
- University degree in a relevant discipline or a two-year college diploma supplemented by industry recognized professional courses;
- ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) Certification is an asset;
- 3-5 years progressively responsible experience in a quality assurance or software development environment;
- Demonstrated experience in software testing; vendor management, test management, defect tracking and test reporting tools;
- Strong knowledge of system supported traceability - requirement/use case to test case, test case to defect
- Test automation experience is preferred
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
What's in it for you
- Demonstrated experience in business and process analysis and improvement - particularly with respect to Quality Assurance;
- Sound knowledge of the principles, concepts, practices and techniques of the overall SDLC - specifically in the area of quality assurance;
- Sound experience of web application automation;
- Sound understanding of the following tools:
- Experience with continuous integration testing and tools an asset;
- Understanding of B.C. gaming industry is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking/innovation;
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking skills.
However you identify, or whatever your path in life, if you see something here that makes you excited to get to work every day, please apply. We hire people for skills, capabilities and potential, not just education and experience. We value Respect, Integrity and Community, and we provide an inclusive environment where everyone can feel like they belong . Our social purpose is much more than returning 100% of net income to the province in the form of healthcare & education programs, and community gaming grants. Check it out ! Did you know BCLC is an industry leader in player health & responsible gambling? Find out more ! We are trained in neurodivergent hiring. If you require accommodation so you can be at your best in the interview, please let us know: email@example.com . All candidates must be at least 19 years of age and legally eligible to work in Canada
- Defined benefit pension plan which provides a recurring income you can depend on for life throughout retirement
- We pride ourselves on our work-life integration and our 37.5 hour work week.
- Professional development including education/certification sponsorship, in house leadership cohorts, LinkedIn Learning
- See all our rewards here