100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Customer Shared Services
Provides support and delivers operational processes to ensure timely and accurate processing of securities and trade transactions are booked correctly in systems for clean downstream settlement. Provides guidance and execution in the support and booking of new strategies, and daily capture of transactional information to support downstream analytics and financial accounting processes. Supports the maintenance of appropriate governance and controls over the trade capture process.
We're here to help
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Communicates with internal business partners and external customers to respond to standard and non-standard inquiries.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendation.
- Gathers and formats data into regular and ad-hoc reports, and dashboards.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- May assist with activities such as coordination and scheduling of work, resource forecasting, work flow and activities of the team, including assigning work, periodically reviewing output, providing input to employee performance reviews, quality control, training, team coaching and guidance, operations research and problem resolution.
- Fulfills routine and frequently non-routine transactions, internal business partner and/or external customer inquiries/requests, and/or audit/reconciliation activities.
- Analyzes and resolve complex issues efficiently and effectively in accordance with Bank and industry standards.
- Acts as primary back-up to team members and as back-up to the manager.
- Evaluates circumstances requiring exceptions and engages senior management for resolution where required.
- Resolves standard and relatively straightforward issues, referring non-routine issues to more senior team members and/or manager.
- Identifies business needs, designs/develops tools and training programs; may include delivery. of training to audiences.
- May acts as the day to day contact for vendors; supports the implementation, maintenance, and sustainment of vendor solutions.
- Provides input and analysis into the continuous improvement of business processes and procedures and participates in the planning, testing and implementation of projects and new/ revised products/services or processes as required.
- Follows documented policies and procedures to execute day to day transactions, activities, processes and ensure all Service Level Agreements(SLAs) are met. Checks and reconciles information and documentation to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Identifies and analyzes issues and problems, and resolves discrepancies in a timely manner. Deals with clients directly to resolve trade issues and/or escalates as required.
- Communicates and collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with internal & external stakeholders to execute work and fulfill service delivery expectations.
- Collaborates in development/implementation of new processes/systems and changes/improvements to existing systems and processes.
- Understands the regulatory requirements and risks inherent in the operations and ensures appropriate actions are taken and operational integrity is maintained.
- Supports the development of tools and delivery of training focused on delivering business results.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and experience using relevant systems and technology - In-depth.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business unit's key products and services, processes and controls - In-depth.
- Knowledge of the risk and regulatory requirements of the business - In-depth.
- Prioritization skills - Good.
- Customer service skills - In-depth.
- PC skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint) - In-depth.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Customer Service and Support