Permanent Primary Location:
Toronto, Ontario, Canada All Available Locations:
Toronto Our Purpose
At Deloitte, we are driven to inspire and help our people, organization, communities, and country to thrive. Our Purpose is to build a better future by accelerating and expanding access to knowledge. Purpose defines who we are and gives us reason to exist as an organization.
By living our Purpose, we will make an impact that matters.
Learn from deep subject matter experts through mentoring and on the job coaching
Leverage the Deloitte CPA Advantage program, a comprehensive support program for CPA modules and the CFE.
Be encouraged to deepen your technical skills...whatever those may be.
Have many careers in one Firm. Do you like working in a fast paced and challenging environment? Are you looking to continue your professional development in Tax? Then this opportunity is for you!What will your typical day look like?
As a senior in M&A Tax, your typical day will consist of providing tax related services to clients engaged in merger an acquisition type transaction. You will be involved in a variety of different projects such as providing transaction execution support for various client engagements. You can also expect to perform due diligence assignments and transactional income tax consulting projects such as designing tax efficient execution step plans and addressing tax issues arising in deal documents. You will have the opportunity to develop and refine your skills in research and analytical analysis for a vast portfolio of clients.About the team
The M&A Tax team includes both accountants and lawyers focused on bringing tax advice to clients in a fast paced, vibrant environment where new problems and questions arise every day. We advise our clients on a wide range of corporate transactions including acquisitions, divestments, recapitalizations, financing, business development, initial public offering, privatization, negotiations and equity capital raisings. We work together as a team using our experience and resources of Deloitte, both nationally and internationally, to bring the best possible advice.Enough about us, let's talk about you
You are someone with:
• Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
• Dedication to professional and client service excellence
• CPA designation or a law degree viewed as an asset
• Strong working knowledge of Excel
• Ability to work effectively as part of a team
• Superior verbal and written communication skills in English
• Ability to diagnose problems related to projects, develop solutions and communicate with clients
• Ability to consider the long term perspective and take a broad approach to problem solvingOur shared values
While our Purpose guides us and helps explain why we exist, our shared values describe the behaviour we expect from each other at the firm.
They provide common ground to unite us across cultures and geographies. They help us to earn the trust and respect of our stakeholders. We all commit to living by these shared values, to stay true to the principles they represent, and to honour the legacy from which they came. They are what sets us apart and makes us Deloitte.
Every day, we live our Purpose through the following five shared values:
The next step is yours
- Lead the way: Deloitte is not only leading the profession, but reinventing it for the future. We're also committed to creating opportunity and leading the way to a more sustainable world.
- Serve with integrity: Deloitte has earned the trust of employees, clients, regulators, and the public for 175 years. Upholding that trust is our single most important responsibility.
- Take care of each other: We look out for one another and prioritize respect, fairness, development, and well-being.
- Foster inclusion: We are at our best when we foster an inclusive culture and embrace diversity in all forms. We know this attracts top talent, enables innovation, and helps us deliver well-rounded client solutions.
- Collaborate for measurable impact: We approach our work with a collaborative mindset, teaming across businesses, geographies, and skill sets to deliver tangible, measurable, attributable impact.
Sound like The One Firm. For You?
At Deloitte, we are all about doing business inclusively - that starts with having diverse colleagues of all abilities. Deloitte encourages applications from all qualified candidates who represent the full diversity of communities across Canada. This includes, but is not limited to, people with disabilities, candidates from Indigenous communities, and candidates from the Black community in support of living our values, creating a culture of Diversity Equity and Inclusion and our commitment to our AccessAbility Action Plan , Reconciliation Action Plan and the BlackNorth Initiative .
We encourage you to connect with us at email@example.com
if you require an accommodation for the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials, accessible meeting rooms or other accommodations). We'd love to hear from you!
By applying to this job you will be assessed against the Deloitte Global Talent Standards. We've designed these standards to provide our clients with a consistent and exceptional Deloitte experience globally.
Deloitte Canada has 30 offices with representation across most of the country. We acknowledge our offices reside on traditional, treaty and unceded territories as part of Turtle Island and is still home to many First Nations, Métis, and Inuit peoples. We are all Treaty people.
Management and Executive