Requisition ID: 166165
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of the Business Control Retail Product Controls & Regulatory Support team ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Issue Management Senior Analyst is a member of the Business Control team who is responsible for operationalization of the control framework for Retail Product Controls and Regulatory Support Team. The Issue Management Senior Analyst is responsible to triage some issues, lead some Issue Management forums, monitor and collaborate with clients on open issues and action plans. Following-up on issues to ensure they are ready to be socialized, gather necessary documentation and schedule them to the Issue Management forum. In addition, follow progress of logged action plans to ensure completion by the set target date, obtaining supporting documentation of completed tasks that would meet audit requirements and support what has been accomplished by retaining the evidence efficiently and accurately.
The Issue Management Senior Analyst will work closely with clients to provide support and recommendation for the businesses to bring to closure the action plans and issues. They will interact with clients through email, meetings and conference calls, and escalate any delays in a timely matter. Additionally, they will be responsible for accurate casework processing. Accountabilities
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Triage new issues by liaising with various stakeholders such as but not limited to Legal, Compliance, BUC, key business stakeholders and issue approvers to socialize new or potential issues.
• Lead weekly Issue Management meetings and ensures agendas are sent prior to the meeting and that all required stakeholders are aware.
• Monitor High/Medium/Low risk issues and action plans (excludes audits)
• Pre-closure validation (excludes remediation validation) of action plans coming due ensuring issues are resolved and root cause addressed
• Complete some reporting components (Executive reporting)
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment. Education / Experience / Other Information
• Post-Secondary Education would be an asset
• Several years demonstrated success in financial services industry working within a defined control framework.
• Knowledge of retail products, banking regulations, financial and operations functions.
• A demonstrated ability to effectively work hands-on as well as with cross - functional teams
• Strong communication skills in English (French is considered an asset)
• Strong analytical skills, attention-to-detail, and ability to make effective decisions.
• Strong problem solving skills, strategic thinking in identifying risks and customer focused solutions
• Excellent time management ensuring efficiency and ability to move from one task to another quickly.
• Highly resourceful in researching information, eager and curious to learn about processes, risks and regulatory items.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Nottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Compliance, Retail Sales, Technical Support, Investment Banking, Banking, Legal, Retail, Finance, Technology
Banking, Finance and Insurance Retail