VIRTUAL(R)59 - HomeRes - ON - BMO
Job Family Group:
Supports and maintains an effective governance framework that defines the ways and methods governance is implemented, managed, monitored and strengthened in technology. The governance framework includes policies/guidelines and provides programs/processes/practices and measures to promote transparency, accuracy, consistency across groups. The framework components working well together allow for a holistic view for stakeholders into the issues, opportunities and status of the business and enables them to determine if it is a satisfactorily functioning, safe and sound business.
- Leads or assists in the execution of oversight/governance activities.
- Develops governance solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of the governance framework, including effective challenge.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Coordinates the management of databases; ensures alignment and integration of data in adherence with data governance standards.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide governance insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Facilitates development and approval of agendas, gathering and distribution of documentation related to agendas, and creation of meeting minutes/output.
- Leads or participates in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Leads or assists with the maintenance, monitoring, measurement & reporting on the status of the governance program to various internal & external stakeholder audiences.
- Coordinates and participates in the execution of oversight/governance activities - may include (but are not limited to) reporting, assessment of education & training needs, development/delivery of training, development and execution of regulatory administration processes & procedures, management of review/updates to policies, etc.
- Assists with the maintenance, monitoring, measurement & reporting on the status of the governance program to various internal & external stakeholder audiences.
- Supports the development, evolution and maintenance of the governance system and framework. Activities may include supporting policy/standard/operating procedures lifecycle management, education and training assessment, development & delivery, coordination of attestation programs, reporting, etc.
- Assists with the interpretation of new or changing regulations and assessing impacts to the governance frameworks.
- Develops and maintains in-depth knowledge of business and related risk management requirements and legislative/ regulatory directives and guidance.
- Supports the management of governance meetings (e.g. committee, management, board meetings, etc.) as required. Facilitates development and approval of agendas, gathering and distribution of documentation related to agendas, and creation of meeting minutes/output.
- Assists in the identification, classification and addressing of issues.
- Assists with the coordination and management of the review and sign-off of relevant regulatory reporting.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
We're here to help
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.