100 King Street West
Job Family Group:
Customer SolutionsJob Description:
The BMO Global Sector team is newly created and will be involved in creating new products and managing existing products both on a stand-alone basis and within asset allocation strategies. BMO GAM currently manages over $145 billion in assets for various distribution channels. The team consists of Global sector portfolio managers with global sector analysts supporting them, using a collaborative approach to drive idea generation, analysis, and investment recommendations. We are headquartered in Toronto. Global Sector Analyst role - Health Care
The ideal candidate would have prior work experience analyzing the fundamentals of companies and would be responsible for performing qualitative and financial analysis on companies predominately within the health care sector, with emphasis on management, strategy, industry dynamics, capital allocation, cash flow growth, within a responsible investment framework. Specific responsibilities would include:
The ideal candidate has:
- Demonstrates strong stock selection and decision making expertise
- Strong financial and modelling skills
- Has a deep sector perspective and is able to develop, explain and articulate his/her perspective
- Broadens understanding and relationship of macro-economic, geopolitical, and world issues and how they influence the sectors under coverage and formulates view
- Regularly pitches timely high conviction and actionable investment recommendations and sector ideas
- Conducts own independent research and develops differentiated insights including unique and innovative analysis, supported by data, and presents findings with conviction
- Conducts ESG related research and engages with management teams on ESG related issues
- Publishes reports that include in-depth and critical research/analysis and investment rationale which stimulates discussion, actionable ideas, and a move to action
- Seen as a credible communicator and is able to articulate and influence others to own point of view
- Exhibits confidence and conviction when presenting ideas
- Uses differentiated insight into sector to collaborate with other analysts for a broader understanding of a subject
We're here to help
- Bachelor, Masters degree
- 7-10 years of direct work experience in sector or as an Analyst
- CFA charter preferred
- Previous experience in deep, differentiated fundamental analysis within the investment industry
- Working knowledge of capital markets and investment management
- Deep curiosity on subject matter
- Articulate and confident communication skills
- The desire to contribute meaningfully in a small, entrepreneurial team environment
- Proven ability to take projects from start to finish
- Willingness to work independently while developing within a culture of mentorship and collaboration
- Team player who can support Portfolio Managers and the other Analysts in report writing and ad-hoc projects
- An open and inquisitive mind willing to accept new ideas while challenging existing assumptions
- The desire to build a long-term career with a strong, growing organization
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Note to Recruiters: BMO does not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Any unsolicited resumes sent to BMO, directly or indirectly, will be considered BMO property. BMO will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume. A recruiting agency must first have a valid, written and fully executed agency agreement contract for service to submit resumes.
Customer Service and Support