Requisition ID: 157989
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Senior Analyst, ETFs, Scotia Global Asset Management (SGAM), 1832 AM Purpose
The Senior Analyst, ETFs, SGAM will be responsible for ensuring efficient trading and operation of the SGAM ETF suite and protecting the capital of the SGAM ETFs.
In addition, the role will be the primary contact for providing clients with ETF trading assistance, insights, and guidance prior to transactions in any SGAM ETF.
The role will also contribute to the overall ETF business strategy at SGAM with input into ETF product design and distribution strategy of the SGAM ETFs. Accountabilities
- To be responsible for daily oversight of the secondary and primary market trading of the SGAM ETF suite to both ensure a smooth client experience and to protect the capital of the SGAM ETFs.
- To be the primary contact for client interactions regarding liquidity, insights, and trading of the SGAM ETF suite.
- To work with the sales, marketing, and other key stakeholder groups to develop impactful ETF insights and product content and as such to help to grow the SGAM ETF AUM.
- To continually evaluate technology, operational processes, systems, and tools which could enhance the secondary and primary market trading efficiency of the SGAM ETF suite.
- To develop and maintain strong relationships with ETF market makers, stock exchanges, and other members of the ETF trading ecosystem.
- To contribute to the development and launch of new SGAM ETFs in collaboration with the relevant SGAM teams.
- To build and maintain knowledge and awareness of ETF, regulatory and asset management industry developments.
- To analyze and report on key ETF market metrics including performance of ETF market makers.
- To gather and assess market intelligence on ETFs and on key competitors
- Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
- Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
- Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience in finance, ETF experience is a plus
- Relevant university degree preferred
- CPA or CFA would be an asset
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Marketing Manager, Technical Support, Compliance, Investment Banking, Banking, Marketing, Technology, Legal, Finance
Sales and Marketing Management and Executive