60 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
Audit, Risk & Compliance
Provides oversight, monitoring and reporting on financial crime risks for a designated portfolio. Develops and monitors risk management framework that includes the governance framework & practices leveraged across BMO to manage financial crime risks. Provides policies & standards, methodologies and controls that increase transparency, accuracy and consistency across groups. Works with stakeholders to implement the methodology, metrics and program standards for the assigned portfolio to ensure compliance as well as effective monitoring, timely reporting and identification of action plans.
We're here to help
- Acts as a trusted advisor to assigned business/group.
- Guides/assists in the identification and classification of issues; recommends action plans.
- Influences and negotiates to achieve business objectives.
- Recommends and implements solutions based on analysis of issues and implications for the business.
- Assists in the development of strategic plans.
- Identifies emerging issues and trends to inform decision-making.
- Researches existing or emerging requirements & related best practices to assist and develops recommendations for changes/enhancements.
- Assists with the interpretation of new or changing regulations and assessing impacts to the governance frameworks.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Leads the development and maintenance of the governance system and framework.
- Supports development and execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Represents the risk program / governance structure during internal/external regulatory audits and/or examinations.
- Coordinates the management of databases; ensures alignment and integration of data in adherence with data governance standards.
- Builds change management plans of varying scope and type; leads or participates in a variety of change management activities including readiness assessments, planning, stakeholder management, execution, evaluation and sustainment of initiatives.
- Leads in defining the communication plan designed to positively influence or change behaviour; develops tailored messaging; and identifies appropriate distribution channels.
- Assesses education and training needs to develop and deliver training.
- Leads and integrates the monitoring, measurement & reporting on the status of the financial crime risk governance program to internal & external stakeholders.
- Leads the management of governance meetings and maintenance of governing body mandates, oversight and approval guidelines.
- May provide specialized support for other internal and external regulatory requirements.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of ongoing operational programs in support of the financial crime risk framework.
- Leads/participates in the design, implementation and management of core business/group processes.
- Administers and maintains financial crime risk program activities in adherence to all policies, procedures and established processes.
- Identifies potential risk situations/ impacts, and make recommendations or escalates to the manager, as per guidelines.
- Develops and maintains in-depth knowledge of business and related risk management requirements and legislative/ regulatory directives and guidance.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders e.g. business stakeholders and Corporate Support Areas (CSAs) in providing 'second line of defense' financial crime risk management support.
- Manages databases and provides support for analysis, forecasting and/or data visualization, ensuring adherence with data governance standards.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations; includes identification of risk impacts for new processes and workflows related to initiatives.
- Coordinates and monitors the review and sign-off of attestations and reporting.
- Maintains tools and templates for financial crime risk programs (e.g., AML Legislative Compliance Program), as required.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 5 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- In-depth knowledge of financial crime risk management practices.
- In-depth knowledge of the designated business / product portfolio.
- In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements.
- In-depth knowledge of quantitative techniques and economic capital methodologies.
- In-depth knowledge & experience with risk policy frameworks; quality control / testing frameworks.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://jobs.bmo.com/ca/en .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Banking, Finance and Insurance Retail