Requisition ID: 126925
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Contributes to the overall success of the Accounts Transfers Team, Canadian Wealth Management in Canada in ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Processing internal transfers between Scotia business lines for multiple GIC and Scotia Securities products.
- Processing transfers in a timely manner based on department standard timelines.
- Communicating with multiple branches and business lines efficiently via phone or email with updates as to the status of the BNS transfers
• Reviewing transfer documentation - approve or reject
- Rejects must be communicated to Branches and multiple Scotia business lines via email or phone.
- Ensuring proper set up is communicated to branches for Scotia Securities transfers on ATON, and that SPAD messages are clear and concise.
• Provide a friendly courteous environment for our internal clients to forward transfer inquiries
- By being respectful
- Be a "team player"
- Complete Sundry Duties as assigned
- To accurately record statistics of all inquiries received and completed
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of their respective areas in accordance with Scotiabank's Values, its Code of Conduct and the Global Sales Principles, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational, compliance, AML/ATF/sanctions and conduct risk.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.
Education / Experience
• Must possess a solid understanding of mainframe systems including ADP, Intralink, FundSERV, CDS, DCS, FUNDcom, ATON and Dataphile
• Requires an expert understanding of procedures, policies, and operations of Inter-broker Account Transfers, in accordance with both firm and regulatory standards
• Strong time management skills are necessary in order to excel in managing a high-volume multi-task environment
• The incumbent must possess a strong understanding of both IIROC and MFDA regulations and understand the requirements/regulations and how they apply to the multiple business lines within Wealth Management and Scotiabank
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Accounting, Manager, Bank, Banking, Developer, Finance, Management, Technology