You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
As a Senior Accountant you will provide a service that represents a high-value mark for our firm, helping companies assess their risk as they work to ensure transparency across their operations. Working out of KPMG's Ottawa office, this role will necessitate the successful candidate being a well-rounded professional, as they will be leading engagements, mentoring junior staff, and developing close and productive working relationships with clients.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you will do
Our teams of professionals help our clients' manage risk so they can focus on their core business. By intimately understanding each client's business, we convert information into insights to uncover hidden opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance. As a Senior Accountant you will be required to:
What you bring to the role
- Conduct financial statement audits for small to large private, public sector and not-for-profit entities as well as public companies.
- Assist with development of the audit plan, execution of the audit of financial statements and notes thereto.
- Identify, analyze and conclude on accounting issues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with client management, including scheduling work and being a first point of contact.
- Run engagements independently though leadership of teams; coaching and mentoring junior staff members.
Keys to your success:
- Obtained or currently working toward CPA designation. Successful completion of Common Final Examination (CFE) preferred.
- Experience with International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS), Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises (ASPE), Accounting Standards for Not-For-Profit Organizations (NPO), or similar financial reporting frameworks
- A minimum of at least two years' of audit experience in a public practice setting (no industry specialization required).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as you will be a central point of contact for clients and preparing a variety of written reports.
- Ability to work both independently with little supervision, and collaboratively within a team environment.
- Experience with IT audit considered an asset.
- Effectively monitoring multiple or complex projects regularly to check how they are progressing against deadlines.
- Excellent client service with an aptitude for understanding the clients' business, and maintaining strong relationships.
- Dedication to achieving high standards of client service and professional conduct in the performance of duties.
- Using previous experience and technical knowledge to the benefit of the client.
- Effective use of a range of techniques to analyze an issue.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. #LI-ER1 Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org