You've got big plans. We have opportunities to match, and we're committed to empowering you to become a better you, no matter what you do.
When you join KPMG you'll be one of over 219,000 professionals providing audit, tax, advisory and business enablement services across 147 countries.
With the support to do things differently, grow personally and professionally and bring your whole self to work, there's no limit to the impact you can make. Let's do this. The opportunity:
The Enterprise group specializes in working with private companies. Private companies represent a growing segment of the market which has allowed KPMG to establish a dedicated business unit to meet its needs. As leaders in this area the Enterprises practice provides a full range of solutions - for locally and globally owned private companies of all sizes.
As a Senior Accountant you will provide a service that represents a high-value mark for our firm, helping companies assess their risk as they work to ensure transparency across their operations.
This opportunity has the flexibility to be based out of either KPMG's Hamilton or St. Catharines offices. What you will do
- Preparation of review and notice to reader working paper files, including unaudited financial statements and notes thereto.
- Preparation of personal and corporate tax returns.
- Work independently to produce high quality work, while managing time appropriately and completing files from start to finish.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with clients.
At times, business needs arise and employees are required and agree to work beyond their normal work day or work week to fulfill the accountabilities required for their job. Likewise, people need time to devote to personal matters, and our approach to flexibility provides for this. What you bring to the role
Keys to your success:
- CPA designation, or near completion.
- At least 2 years of public accounting firm experience, ideally with exposure to ASPE and a variety of tax applications including but not limited to HST, payroll, personal, corporate and trusts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Previous use of Taxprep and CaseWare programs would be beneficial; QuickBooks Online or Xero experience considered an asset, but not required.
- Excellent client service with an aptitude for understanding the clients' business, and maintaining strong relationships.
- Dedication to achieving high standards of client service and professional conduct in the performance of duties.
- Applying basic tax knowledge, and successfully liaising with Canada Revenue Agency.
- Using previous experience and technical knowledge to the benefit of the client.
- Effective use of a range of techniques to analyze an issue.
Learn more about where a career at KPMG can take you. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact KPMG's Employee Relations Service team for support at email: email@example.com
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778 Option 3.
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at firstname.lastname@example.org