Security Guard - World Exchange Plaza - Part-time
Reference ID: 322075
Law Enforcement and Security
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements
Paladin Security officers are reputed for their superior level of customer service and professionalism in the industry. Our Security Officers provide a custom-tailored service to meet the needs of our clients. Successful candidates will provide a variety of services which are site specific including: regular patrols, access control, asset protection, Occupational First Aid services, and any other services specific to the needs of the client.
Operated by QuadReal, the World Exchange Plaza is a triple "A" office complex, prominently located in Ottawa's downtown financial core, just steps from Parliament Hill. Encompassing an entire city block, the complex measures over 670,000 square feet and is comprised of two office towers, a three-level retail concourse (which connects the two towers), an underground parkade for 1,100 vehicles, and an outdoor Amphitheatre for informal gatherings.
Location: World Exchange Plaza, Ottawa ON
Position: Security Officer - Rover 1 (Afternoons: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 1500-2300)
Status: Part Time (24 hours / week)
Rate: 14.50 / hr.
• General Tower & Parking Lot Patrols
• Report Writing
• Note Taking
• On the fly Problem Solving
• High Customer Service
• Lock Ups and Unlocks
• Responding to assistance requests from the Clients and Retail Clients
• Ensure the safety and Security of the General Public on the property
• General Problem Solving
• Assist General Public with Directions within the building
• Assisting Tenants and the Public with information inquires
• Signing in and out Contractors
• Assisting Tenants and the Public with use of the Wheelchair Access Lift
• Closing the Desk down for the evening returning certain building equipment to the Control Center at 19:00
• Other Duties as requested by Property Management
• Assisting the Public with information inquiries
• Patrolling the Retail Section (four levels)
• Patrolling the Parking Garage (five levels)
• Patrolling the Exterior
• Responding to calls to assist other guards
• Assisting with the Retail Lock-up
• Providing an escort (every night) for the Site Cleaners for a particular tenant
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Successfully conduct parking lot patrols / office work without direct supervision.
• Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
• Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
• Basic knowledge of handling possible violent behaviours, and non-defensive communication.
• Able to follow, and enforce safety codes, and procedures.
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
• Able to handle confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
• Present a professional image to the public.
• Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
• Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
• Moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
• Knowledge of the Trespass to Property Act and Arrest Procedures (if needed)
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Demonstrates superior customer service skills and able to work independently
• Minimum of a High School Diploma.
• CPI, Use of Force and First Aid/CPR Level C would be considered a definite asset
• Previous customer service related experience would be an asset
• Previous security experience would be considered a definite asset
• All employees must complete a Security Clearance Application
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (Any)
Standard First Aid, CPR Level C
Valid Ontario Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays
Screening Requirements: Federal Security Clearance
This is a Part-Time position 3rd Shift.
Posted: September 21, 2018
Closes: November 20, 2018