Security Guard - Traffic Control
Reference ID: 306659
Law Enforcement and Security
[Please allow 15 - 20 minutes to complete your application]
Paladin Security Group is the security company of choice among some of the most respected institutions in the country, protecting the public and government facilities. We are committed to offering the best employment and career development opportunities in the security industry because we want the very best and brightest people our industry has to offer.
Job Skills / Requirements
Date: February 23, 2018
Closing Date: February 23, 2018
Re: Job Posting
Position: Traffic Control
Site: Ottawa MacDonald-Cartier International Airport
City: Ottawa, ON
Hours: Rotational schedule
Pay Rate: $14.15/hour probation; $14.50 thereafter
Site Description: YOW is Canada's capital airport. The Authority is a leader in providing quality, safe, secure, sustainable and affordable air transportation services to the airport's customers and communities and be a driver of economic growth within Canada's Capital Region. The Ottawa International Airport offers flights across Canada, and to the U.S., sun destinations, and Europe. Amenities include short- and long-term parking, food and beverage concessions, shopping, free Wi-Fi and a cell phone parking lot. The Ottawa MacDonald-Cartier International Airport Authority is also responsible for community services for building partnerships and engaging citizens in the community through outreach programs and other volunteer opportunities.
• Issuing of Bylaw Parking Tickets
• Level 1 and Level 2 Greeter
• Traffic control if needed
• Break Relief for Traffic Officers
• Working Traffic Control Position / Duties
• Traffic Enforcement on Arrivals/Departure Curb as set out by the Airport Authority
• Greeting customers in a friendly and cooperative manner
• Assist with Supervisor requirements
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
• Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
• Basic knowledge of handling possible violent behaviours, and non-defensive communication.
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
• Present a professional image to the public.
• Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
• Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
• Moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time outside
• Free Parking onsite
• Free Uniform & Equipment
• Benefits: Health Coverage, Dental Coverage & Vision coverage
Prerequisites: At the time of the interview, applicants must be able to produce proof of completion of the following:
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Demonstrates superior customer service skills and able to work independently
• Flexibility to work a variety of shifts (Days, Afternoons and Weekends)
• Must be able to work in adverse weather conditions
• Minimum of a High School Diploma.
• CPI, Use of Force and First Aid/CPR Level C would be considered a definite asset
• Previous customer service related experience
• Previous security experience
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (Any)
Valid Security Licence
Standard First Aid, CPR Level C
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days
Screening Requirements: Transportation Security Clearance
This is a Full-Time position 1st Shift, 2nd Shift, 3rd Shift, Weekends.
Posted: August 18, 2018
Closes: September 24, 2018