Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place because we CARE
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements Position:
St. Thomas Elgin General HospitalCity:
12-hour Continental - Days and nights Pay Rate:
Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!Job Description
Are you interested in starting a career in a fast paced and growing industry? As a provider of security services to clients with complex security needs, Paladin Security Group is offering an exciting career opportunity for you to give back to your community, while developing skills for future careers. Our training programs are also a leader in the security industry, and they will help prepare you for advancements, as well as build your resume for a potential career in law enforcement. Job Description:
Essential Job Functions:
- Working on assigned shifts, you will provide proactive and reactive security patrols and response to incidents.
- You should display excellent customer service skills and be able to work with people you are under stress or in need of medical assistance.
- In this role, it is essential that you are physically fit and able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- You will be required to operate the Switchboard duties including call handling, dispatching, monitoring of building alarm systems and CCTV.
- Perform a variety of preventative and reactive duties to include, but not limited to interior and exterior patrols within the hospital as well as exterior of all buildings and areas of the organization.
- Provide Use of Force/Restraint as required and directed under the Mental Health Act
- Provide security escort service to staff and visitors as requested.
- Daily lock and unlock of facilities
- Provide motor vehicle assistance to staff and or visitors as required.
- Responsible for the collection of all lost and found items and produce the proper documentation and location of owner of property when possible.
- Accountable for keeping accurate logs and notebook entries of all shift activity and calls for service.
- Accountable to write accurate reports upon investigations or reportable occurrences in timely manner upon completion of occurrence.
- Investigate and follow-up of incidents, report writing, door opening requests, CCTV camera reviews.
- Security Guards shall warn persons of rule infractions or violations, and apprehend or evict violators from premises, using force when necessary.
- Responsible for all office duties (i.e. ID badges, key distribution, lost and found etc)
- Be courteous and cooperative with a high quality of customer service.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to interact effectively at various social levels and across diverse cultures.
- Must be able to communicate clearly with clinical staff, and the general public while conveying professionalism and authority at all times.
- Able to maintain a professional composure when dealing with unusual circumstances and people under conditions of urgency and in pressure situations.
- Write clear, concise, and legible reports.
- Communicates any concerns/issues with Site Coordinator.
- Diploma in Police Foundations/Protection, Security & Investigationsor equivalent from a recognized College, University or equivalent ie: military, police college or hospital security guard experience
- Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- First aid & CPR Level C Certification
- Proficient in English, written and oral
- Immunization Record (measles, mumps, rubella, varicella, and TB skin tests 1 and 2)
- Proof of double COVID-19 Vaccine
- Vulnerable Sector Check
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
- Employer Paid Benefits
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
Certification Requirements (All)
Standard First Aid, CPR Level C
Valid Ontario Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
Paladin Security has a diverse workforce. We believe in and are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. Paladin Security is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities through the interview process and while employed. If you require an accommodation during the interview process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
This job reports to the Client Service Manager
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
, 3rd Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1