Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements To:
All Security PersonnelDate:
April 23, 2021Closing Date:
September 8, 2020Re:
St. Lawrence College (Kingston Campus)City:
Kingston, Ontario K7L 5A6Status:
(1) Full Time Position - 84 hours biweeklyHours:
12 hour shifts, Continental Rotation, 08:00-20:00/20:00-08:00Pay Rate:
$14.55/hour JOB DUTIES
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ensure students, staff and visitors adhere to St. Lawrence College policy, directives and regulations
- Monitor activities and respond to incidents and such as criminal activity, security breaches, assaults, sexual assaults, harassments, thefts, mischief, public order, noise complaints, safety hazards, etc.
- Maintain surveillance of facility and persons
- Watch for and report irregularities by completing incident reports, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required
- Utilize site radios and computer applications for communicating / reporting site activities and incidents
- Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services by enforcing rules and regulations when required
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations
- Successfully conduct security patrols without direct supervision.
- Write comprehensive reports and maintain proper records using effective communication skills
- Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel
- Basic knowledge of security procedures, handling possible violent behaviours, and non- defensive communication.
- Able to follow, and enforce safety codes, campus regulations, and procedures.
- Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation
- Able to handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion
- Present a professional image to the public
- Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements
- Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures
- Moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Demonstrates superior customer service skills and able to work independently
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts (afternoons/nights/weekends).
- Minimum of a High School Diploma.
- Must be 18 years old and meet all other minimum requirements and MUST possess a Security Guard Licence in Ontario.
- Management of Aggressive Behaviour, Use of Force and First Aid/CPR Level C would be considered a definite asset
- Previous customer service related experience would be an asset
- Previous security experience would be considered a definite asset
- Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel and Reporting programs like Tracktix, would be an asset
- Experience in Customer Service
At the time of the interview applicant must be able to produce proof of completion of the following prerequisites:
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
- Employer Paid Benefits
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
Successful completion of the following requirements provided by Paladin are mandatory prior to placement:
- Immunization Record
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
- Management of Aggressive Behavior
- Use of Force
- Report Writing
Upon hire successful applicants will be required to complete the following Paladin online courses:
- Additional courses as assigned
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Customer Service
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Patrol Procedures
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Diversity Awareness
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Finding The OHS Manual
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Paladin OHS Orientation
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Mental Health Awareness
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Workplace Respect
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Slips, Trips and Falls
All interested personnel must apply through the Employee Portal by simply following these steps:
- Additional courses as assigned
Click on Employee Portal
Enter username and password
Click on Employee Services
Scroll down to Promotions From Within
Click on Career Advancement Opportunities Click on Ontario, then Ottawa Select the job posting Click Apply Now and submit your application Should you have any questions on this process, kindly contact the People and Culture Department at email@example.com .
Certification Requirements (Any)
Standard First Aid, CPR Level C
Valid Ontario Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays, Short Term Disability
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
, 2nd Shift
, 3rd Shift
Back Apply Now
Law Enforcement and Security