Security Guard – Patient Watch Program
Reference ID: 313837
Law Enforcement and Security
Paladin Security Group is the security company of choice amongst some of the most respected institutions in the country, protecting the public and government facilities. We are committed to offering the best employment and career development opportunities in the security industry because we want the very best and brightest people our industry has to offer.
Job Skills / Requirements
Site: The Ottawa Hospital
Status: Full Time
Hours: Continental Rotation - 12 hour shifts
Pay Rate: $14.15/hour
• Observe patients who may be a threat to themselves or others, and provide patients a safe environment
• Maintain constant visual of them and their surroundings, as required
• Watch for and report irregularities by completing investigations and incident reports, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
• Offer support to any person in need such as providing good customer service when providing a security presence, such as providing direction on site, responding to emergency situation involving violent individuals and injuries.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skill, and abilities required:
• Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
• Write comprehensive reports and maintain proper records using effective communication skills.
• Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
• Basic knowledge of security procedures, handling violent behaviors, and non-defensive communication.
• Able to follow, and enforce safety codes, college regulations, and procedures.
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
• Able to handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
• Present a professional image to the public.
• Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
• Moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Flexibility to work a variety of shifts (afternoons/nights/weekends).
• High School Diploma
• Must be 18 years old and meet all other minimum requirements and MUST obtain a Security Guard License in Ontario.
• CPI, Use of Force and First Aid/CPR Level C with AOD training would be considered a definite asset.
• Previous customer service related experience would be an asset.
• Previous security experience would be considered a definite asset.
• Candidates that possess a completion of Police Foundation/Law & Security diploma will be given priority.
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (Any)
Valid Security Licence
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
This is a Full and Part-Time position
Posted: August 18, 2018
Closes: September 24, 2018