Security Guard - Healthcare Full-time
Reference ID: 315237
Law Enforcement and Security
Paladin Security was established in 1976 as a provider of basic Security Officer services. From modest beginnings with four employees and one contract, Paladin has grown into one of the largest security companies in Canada, with 25 offices from coast to coast and over 10,000 employees. With our award-winning culture, we pride ourselves in fostering a learning environment as we believe in helping each of our employees grow and reach their full potential!
Job Skills / Requirements
Position: Patrol Security Guard
Site: The Ottawa Hospital
Status: Full Time
Hours: Continental Rotation - 2 weeks Days & 2 weeks Nights
Pay Rate: $14.15/hour
A compassionate provider of patient centered health-care services with an emphasis on tertiary-level and specialty care, The Ottawa Hospital serves a bilingual community of 1.2 million residents in Eastern Ontario. With specialty centers in cancer, heart, kidney, vision care, women's health and rehabilitation services, our hospital is unlike any other in Ontario. Located in the heart of Canada's capital, The Ottawa Hospital is a multi-campus academic health sciences center, employing over 12,000 health care professionals, making us one of Canada's largest teaching hospitals and largest employers in Ottawa.
Working on assigned shifts, you will work 12-hour shifts providing proactive and reactive security patrols and response to incidents. You will be required to write reports and investigate routine incidents, as well as respond to coded emergencies in a quick and efficient manner. You should display excellent customer service skills and be able to work with people who are under stress or in need of medical assistance. In this role, it is essential that you are physically fit and able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Patrol assigned areas, buildings / Floors on foot to ensure personal, patient, building, and equipment security.
• Unlocks and Lock Ups as required
• Access Control / Key Control
• Dispatching and Responding to all Code Calls
• Documenting any deficiencies and reporting to client when needed.
• Monitoring CCTV and dispatch officers as needed.
• Watch for and report irregularities by completing incident reports, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
• Utilize site radios and computer applications for communicating / reporting site activities and incidents.
• Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services by enforcing rules and regulations when required.
• Offer support to any person in need such as providing good customer service when providing a security presence, such as providing direction on site, responding to emergency situations and any First Aid situations.
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Successfully conduct security patrols of buildings without direct supervision.
• Remain calm and effectively perform in emergency situations.
• Write comprehensive reports and maintain proper records using effective communication skills.
• Able to detect problems and report information to appropriate personnel.
• Basic knowledge of security procedures, handling possible violent behaviours, and non-defensive communication.
• Able to follow, and enforce safety codes, hospital regulations, and procedures.
• Strong interpersonal skills, flexibility, and customer service orientation.
• Able to handle private and confidential information with a high amount of discretion.
• Present a professional image to the public.
• Adhere to our Code of Ethics in performing job requirements.
• Able to understand and follow specific instructions and procedures.
• Moderate physical activity including standing and/or walking for extended periods of time.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
• Demonstrates superior customer service skills and able to work independently
• Flexibility to work a variety of shifts (afternoons/nights/weekends).
• Minimum of a High School Diploma.
• Must be 18 years old and meet all other minimum requirements and MUST possess a Security Guard Licence in Ontario.
• CPI, Use of Force and First Aid/CPR Level C would be considered a definite asset
• Previous customer service related experience would be an asset
• Previous security experience would be considered a definite asset
• Candidates that possess a completion of Police Foundation/Law & Security diploma will be given priority
Education Requirements (Any)
High School Diploma/GED
Certification Requirements (Any)
Valid Security Licence
Standard First Aid, CPR Level C
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Days, Paid Holidays
This is a Full-Time position Day & Night 2 Week Rotation.
Posted: August 17, 2018
Closes: October 1, 2018