Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place! Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!
Job Skills / Requirements To:
All Security PersonnelFrom:
People & Culture CoordinatorDate:
April 2020Closing Date:
Security Guard Site:
Educational Institution City:
Part Time/ Temporary (2 positions)Hours:
Various Hours (1600-0000, 0000-0800, 2000-0800)Pay Rate:
Are you interested in starting a career in a fast paced and growing industry? As a provider of security services to clients with complex security needs, Paladin Security Group is offering an exciting career opportunity for you to give back to your community, while developing skills for future careers. Our training programs are also a leader in the security industry, and they will help prepare you for advancements, as well as build your resume for a potential career in law enforcement.Position Overview:
Working assigned shifts, you will be responsible for completing written reports. You will be expected to perform constant patrols and interact with students, staff and members of the public to provide direction and promote good customer service while providing a security presence.Essential Job Functions:
- Implement security measures to protect property, control access to sites, patrol assigned areas and ensure client rules and regulations are followed.
- Maintain written reports.
- Perform security checks and liaise with visitors, customers, and the public.
- Communicates any concerns/issues with Branch Manager.
- Physical Demands include excessive walking and standing.
- Patrol assigned area on foot, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated punctuality and reliability, tact and diplomacy.
- Must have customer service-oriented attitude.
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
- Watch for and report irregularities by completing investigations and incident reports, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services by enforcing rules and regulations when required.
- Offer support to any person in need such as providing good customer service when providing a security presence, such as providing direction, responding to emergency situation involving violent individuals and injuries.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
At the time of the interview applicant must be able to produce proof of completion of the following prerequisites:
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
- Employer Paid Benefits
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement
Successful completion of the following requirements provided by Paladin are mandatory prior to placement:
- Immunization Record
- A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
- Proficient in English (both oral and written)
Upon hire successful applicants will be required to complete the following Paladin online courses:
- First Aid & CPR - Level C
- Management of Aggressive Behavior
- Use of Force
- Report Writing
- Additional courses as assigned
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Customer Service
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Patrol Procedures
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Diversity Awareness
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Finding The OHS Manual
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Paladin OHS Orientation
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Dealing with People with Mental Illness
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Workplace Respect
- Successful completion of Paladin's online Slips, Trips and Falls
- Additional courses as assigned.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview. Should you have any questions on this process, please contact LeeAnne Feddes, People and Culture Coordinator at email@example.com .
Certification Requirements (Any)
Valid Ontario Security License
Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
This is a Part-Time
position 1st Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 2
Back Apply Now
Law Enforcement and Security