$250 Retention Bonus
for candidates hired who successfully complete three months onsite at CF Industries. To:
All Security Personnel From:
People & Culture Coordinator Date:
Feb. 25, 2022 Closing Date:
March 3, 2022 Re:
Job Posting Position:
Security Guard - Main Gate Site:
CF Industries City:
Courtright, ON Status:
Full Time Hours:
Shift Rotation - 0500 -1700/ 1700-0500 hours Pay Rate:
$17.91-$21.67/hr. Position Overview:
Reporting to the Security Manager and Security Supervisor, the Main Gate Security Guard is accountable for the security and safety of the Courtright Location. They must ensure all personnel entering the Courtright location has a valid site-specific safety orientation and/ or is registered appropriately upon arrival. Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain a professional relationship with all personnel and visitors entering the site.
- Maintain confidence.
- Provide security services at the Courtright CF location, maintaining order and the protection of property and employees onsite.
- Responsible for product inbound and outbound truck scaling and shipping; Scaling transport trucks and other various trucks. Providing bills of lading and custom documents when required.
- Responsible for communicating with the loading areas prior to scaling in a truck.
- Scale and record all waste management shipments i.e. garbage, recycling trucks.
- Responsible for Alarms, Fire Alarms and Access System Alarms i.e. data room alarm, lab alarms, heat sensor alarms etc.
- Responsible for the daily testing of the Alarm System and site PA system; conducted at 12:30 hours and 19:00 hours. (Site Alarm System tested each Monday at 12:30 hours).
- Responsible for the daily test of the CVECO radio; 07:00 hours.
- Responsible to monitor and communicate severe weather following provided weather applications.
- Administrative and reception duties; forward incoming calls to the appropriate department or personnel, forward hand delivered resumes to Human Resources, send out overtime meals via fax and call and confirm the order(s).
- Greet all visitors and communicate with the appropriate location personnel upon their arrival.
- Report all observed hazardous or unsafe conditions to the appropriate shift supervisor including communicating this information to the oncoming shift.
- Log and report all unusual activities to the other security guards, Security Supervisor and EH&S Manager.
- Track hourly headcount of all personnel onsite following report form.
- Track and record all CF vehicles entering and exiting the site.
- Responsible for tracking location upsets and start-ups following report form.
- Conduct random site security checks i.e. vehicle inspections.
- Conduct random security seal inspections - document.
- In the event of an emergency situation, follow emergency response procedures and directives from Security Supervisor, Emergency Operating Center and/ or Location Field Incident Commander.
- Act as the EOC for emergency response situations on off-hours.
- Review and continue to educate oneself on site emergency procedures and first-aid/ CPR.
- Responsible to administer first-aid/ CPR when required.
- Continuously stay up to date on all CAER, US Border Agency, Canadian Government, Canadian Coast Guard regulations and law.
- Continuously review and monitor location access and surveillance camera system. Report any unusual activity or occurrences.
- Responsible for the activation of CAER codes
- Responsible for activation of Everbridge notifications as directed.
- Write informative and detailed reports (Daily, Incident, and Accident) on all security matters.
- Responsible for access control; assists with issuing site access cards and photo IDs.
- Assist with and the signing out and issuance of keys onsite i.e. office keys, vehicle keys.
- Responsible for the issuance of vehicle passes onsite.
- Responsible for Material Gate/ Personal passes onsite. Must review the pass for appropriate signatures, inspect the item(s) and sign the pass to allow item(s) to leave the Courtright location.
- Responsible to consult with ISNetworld Application program to ensure contractor companies onsite are in compliance with insurance and WSIB requirements.
- Any other duties assigned by the Security Supervisor, Security Manager or EH&S Manager.
Security Guards are required to complete a Drug & Alcohol test for incidents that occur on client property. Requirements:
- Must possess a valid Ontario Security Guard Licence.
- Must possess a valid G Class Ontario Driver's Licence.
- Must possess a valid First Aid training certificate.
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods training certificate will be an asset .
- Law and Security/ Police Foundations or equivalent diploma or CPO certificate will be an asset.
- Demonstrate knowledge of safety and environmental regulations and issues.
- Strong attention to detail with high focus on accuracy.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to work safely and in compliance with site safety, health and environmental standards and practices.
- Demonstrate leadership capabilities.
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities.
- Ability to deal effectively and diplomatically with employees, contractors, visitors etc.
- Working knowledge of the Trespass to Property Act and Mental Health Act.
- Demonstrated punctuality and reliability, tact and diplomacy.
- Patrol assigned area on foot, as assigned, to ensure personal, building, and equipment security.
- Watch for and report irregularities by completing investigations and incident reports, such as security breaches, facility and safety hazards, and emergency situations; contact emergency responders, such as police, fire, and/or ambulance personnel, as required.
- Utilize two-way radio and computer applications for communicating site activities.
- Sustain effective relationships with key stakeholders and provide specialized security services by enforcing rules and regulations when required.
- Offer support to any person in need such as providing good customer service when providing a security presence, such as providing direction, responding to emergency situation involving violent individuals and injuries.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- This position is stationed in the main gate security office.
- Indoor duties.
- Moderate physical activities related to tasks and duties.
- Sitting for extended periods of time is required.
- Computer work throughout the day.
- Day and Night 12-hour shift schedule.
At the time of the interview applicant must be able to produce proof of completion of the following prerequisites: A Valid Ontario Security Guard License Proficient in English (both oral and written) Successful completion of the following requirements provided by Paladin are mandatory prior to placement: First Aid & CPR - Level C Double Vaccinated Management of Aggressive Behavior Use of Force Report Writing Introduction to Industrial Security Additional courses as assigned Upon hire successful applicants will be required to complete the following Paladin online courses: Successful completion of Paladin's online Customer Service Successful completion of Paladin's online Patrol Procedures Successful completion of Paladin's online Diversity Awareness Successful completion of Paladin's online Finding The OHS Manual Successful completion of Paladin's online Paladin OHS Orientation Successful completion of Paladin's online Dealing with People with Mental Illness Successful completion of Paladin's online Workplace Respect Successful completion of Paladin's online Slips, Trips and Falls Additional courses as assigned. Should you have any questions on this process, please contact LeeAnne Feddes, People and Culture Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Extensive Paid Industry Training
- Employer Paid Benefits
- Opportunities for Growth & Advancement