Requisition ID: 110169
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
As a Security Architect, you will develop short-term and long-term cyber security strategies and roadmaps. In addition, you will also participate in the development of the bank's security architecture and broader enterprise architecture including cloud solutions. Is this role right for you? In this role, you will:
Do you have the skills?
- Provide thought leadership and help guide by clearly articulating strategic security architecture plans and their respective value.
- Support the development of security vision and strategy on security architectures of applications, programs and initiatives.
- Deliver security blueprints, specifications, models and guidelines to be used in the development of technical solutions by Bank's IT organization, in support of IS&C and other Bank divisions globally.
- Lead and drive a customer focused culture throughout their team to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
- Develop and maintain Information Security patterns, frameworks and standards that align with Scotiabank's (BNS) Enterprise Architecture directives and industry best practices, meet business needs and SLA requirements, and are deployable globally at scale.
- Be responsible for establishing, implementation and ongoing development of a robust security governance process that ensures projects and programs adhere to BNS security architecture standards and best practices.
- Interface routinely with technology peers in financial services and other industry sectors to share best practices and gain insight into industry trends and experiences. Serve as an expert spokesperson, as appropriate and approved, for BNS technology direction.
- Develop security solution architecture and designs in areas of Cloud Security (CASB, CWP, CSPM), DevSecOps(SDLC/Application Security), Data Security (DLP, Data Encryption), Network Security(IPS/NGFW, NDR, WAF), Endpoint Security (AV, XDR/EDR, FIM, System Hardening), and Security Analytics/Monitoring (SIEM, UEBA, and other platforms)
What is in it for you?
- University degree, preferably in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field, and 5+ years' experience in Information Security. Financial services and, specifically, banking experience is highly desired.
- 3+ years' experience with security solution architecture and design
- 5+ years experience in one or more of the following security domains: Cloud Security, DevSecOps, Data Security, Network Security, Endpoint Security, and Security Analytics/Monitoring
- Knowledge of, and experience working with, one or more formal Enterprise Architecture frameworks.
- Demonstrated ability to work with global architecture teams in a highly complex and matrixed organization.
- Strong collaboration skills. Excellent oral and written communication, ability to present confidently to senior executives, attention to detail and strong planning and management ability.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain credibility with technical and non-technical stakeholders, alike.
- Experience as a key technical contributor in global technology transformation efforts, drive efficient and effective decision-making, and to deliver and support a robust information security governance framework.
- Deep and broad knowledge of enterprise and security technologies is expected. Specific strong knowledge and experience with common hosting, storage and networking technologies, as well as cloud, is required.
- English fluency required, Spanish ability a plus.
- An inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success
- Opportunity to make a significant impact, as you will contribute to solutions to design products and applications that will be used by over 20 million customers globally
- Work with and learn from diverse industry leaders and experts in their field
- Learning and development - free access to Pluralsight membership to upskill and develop your skills
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Scarborough
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Architecture, Corporate Security, Bank, Banking, Engineering, Security, Finance