At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
As a Tax Technology Consultant, you will be assisting on all tax technology related projects within KPMG's Indirect Tax practice (Canada, US, and Global) with a focus on the implementation or enhancement of SAP systems and Tax software integration services.
Learn more about KPMG's Tax Practice here .What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Assist with project plans.
- Design, build, identify gaps, and implement indirect tax technology solutions.
- Customize and transform indirect tax process flows that meets client's specific business requirements.
- Support the project team with all the tax aspects of an ERP and other source system implementation or enhancement projects, by leveraging your experience from tax technologies, tools and solutions that bring value add to the clients.
- Efficiently coordinate and communicate with the internal project team on a timely basis.
Our Indirect Tax group:
- Post-secondary degree with a major or focus in Finance, Accounting, Tax, or related field
- 2-3 years of relevant experience in Finance, Indirect Tax or related roles
- Experience with SAP- Finance specializing in Tax, S/4HANA not limited to tax requirements for indirect tax
- Experience with tax technology software, solutions and integrations relating to ONESOURCE Indirect tax determination, Vertex O Series, AvaTax, SOVOS GTD, etc.
- Proven understanding of modern technologies and their applications in the business world and various industries.
- Experience handling large volumes of data using Power Pivot/Power Query/Power BI is considered an asset.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and teamwork skills, with the ability to manage conflicting demands and priorities and to multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills and to be able to communicate to clients
Offers a full range of planning and compliance advice with respect to GST/HST, QST provincial sales taxes (PST), property transfer taxes, excise taxes, fuel and carbon taxes, and other indirect taxes levied by the provincial and federal governments in Canada. We help our clients ensure that they are meeting their obligations in all relevant jurisdictions and that they are making the most of any tax planning and refund opportunities. We also assist our clients in the context of indirect tax audits and appeals . Keys to your success:
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here. Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page .