SAP BPC Functional Specialist
Reference ID: TOR003I7
We live in a new digital world with exciting new technologies and challenges. Businesses are re-evaluating the way they conduct business and are undergoing strategic initiatives to enhance their operations to better serve their clients.
We are seeking a SAP BPC Functional Specialist. To address the shifting landscape of our clients' needs, EY has established a national Center of Excellence focusing in the broad topics of Enterprise Intelligence, Risk Transformation, IT Risk, and Enabling Technologies. Enabling Technologies primarily focuses on the design and optimization of Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) packages like SAP, Oracle, and others. Our team typically works with Fortune 1000 clients across a variety of industries including, Manufacturing, Pharma, Energy/Utilities, Transportation, Telecommunications, Entertainment/Media, Oil/Gas and Consumer Goods/Retail.
This is an opportunity with tremendous growth potential for very motivated individuals that observe a strong work ethic. EY is working hard to turn our customers' SAP platform deployments into end-to-end change enablers that bring the true meaning of digital to bear. Instead of delivering isolated technology solutions, we are passionate about helping our clients develop new business processes which complement and leverage their technology ecosystem, helping them to realize far-reaching organizational benefits.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a SAP BPC Functional Specialist, you'll be responsible for the following:
Project Management: The roles and responsibilities within our SAP group are to provide professional and effective functional or technical consulting services as they pertain to our SAP practice. Consistently deliver quality client services, driving high-quality work products within the expected timeframes and on budget. Monitor progress, manage risk and ensure key stakeholders are kept informed about progress and expected outcomes. Manage expectations of client service delivery. Stay abreast of current business and industry trends relevant to the client's business. Should be a self-starter with excellent verbal and written communication skills. Should be comfortable interfacing with a client on a daily basis. This role requires daily interaction with the client at many levels.
• Providing input and advice regarding SAP capabilities and functions to customer organizations.
• Building positive client and peer relationships by developing an understanding of customer's business and project scope.
• Developing exposure to multiple sub-areas within Ernst & Young Canada
• Assisting with the orientation of new team members.
Skills and attributes for success
• Ability and comfort level researching client inquiries and emerging issues, including accounting regulations, industry practices, and new technologies.
• Ability to develop and present new ideas and conceptualize new approaches and solutions.
• The ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure, team-oriented, collaborative environment
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentation.
• Excellent interpersonal relations and demonstrated ability to work with others effectively in teams.
To qualify for the role you must have
• A bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, accounting, finance or a related field with relevant work experience
• Prior experience working with SAP with at least 1 full cycle implementations covering design, build and testing
• Functional hands on experience in SAP implementation and configuration in SAP BPC (Business, Planning and Consolidation)
• SAP Certification is an asset.
Ideally, you'll also have
• A high level of motivation, strong work ethic and self-starting attitude.
What we look for
We're interested in passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the IT Advisory space. If you have a strong passion for helping businesses achieve their IT strategy, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, both pension and 401(k) plans, a minimum of 15 days of vacation plus ten observed holidays and three paid personal days, and a range of programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• The opportunity to manage a portfolio of talent within a designated service line
• A collaborative environment where everyone works together to create a better working world
• Excellent training and development prospects, both through established programs and on-the-job training
• An excellent team of senior colleagues, dedicated to managing and varying your workload
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we hire and develop the most passionate people in their field to help build a better working world. This starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. So that whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
EY, an equal employment opportunity employer (Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Disabled), values the diversity of our workforce and the knowledge of our people.
Posted: January 20, 2019
Closes: March 21, 2019