We are a global leader in the Earth and Environment sector. Globally headquartered in Montreal, where it all began, we proudly serve communities from coast to coast and beyond. We have over 14,000 multidisciplinary professionals worldwide collaborating daily to protect and conserve natural landscapes, create firm foundations for communities to stand on, and champion sustainable development to combat climate change.
As part of the team, you will have access to an unparalleled network of resources, expertise, and endless opportunities to collaborate on exciting projects with diverse teammates from marine biologists to geophysicists to geotechnical engineers and more.
A day in the life:
- Field work including some of the following tasks (50 to 70% of the role) at operating and abandoned mine sites:
- Geotechnical bedrock core logging and mapping
- Supervision of drilling and earthworks/construction subcontractors during investigations
- Supervision and monitoring of rehabilitation activities, such as backfilling, concrete cap construction, fence installation, general earthworks, and bat gate installation.
- Problem solving and decision making while in the field to progress project scope with regular communication/check-ins with the senior project team.
- Using survey equipment such as cavity scanners, sonar, drones, and surface surveying tools.
- Office work (30 to 50% of the role) including some of the following tasks:
- Compilation and review of data collected using Excel, Word, AutoCAD, or other software
- Data analysis, including rock mass characterization, stability assessments, drafting, processing point cloud/survey data, development of rehabilitation options.
- Assistance in report and proposal preparation
- Field preparation including equipment preparation, developing health and safety plans, coordinating utility locates and organizing drilling/excavator contractors
- Working in both a team environment and independently (in the field, office/hybrid)
- Working outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
- Performing other activities as required.
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mining, Geological, or Civil, or technician/technologist in Mining or similar.
- Eligibility for registration to professional organization (PEO or similar) once obtaining necessary experience
- Detail-oriented with a strong ownership attitude
- Experience of working in team with a positive attitude and working independently.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making are key attributes since projects are often investigative type work.
- Experiences in working outdoors since this role can include working in remote locations in northern Ontario and Quebec
- Ontario drivers license. Experience in driving off road is an asset.
- Personal fitness that allows safe lifting of equipment (minimum 15kgs)
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.