At KPMG, you'll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world. The Opportunity:
Our Independence Group in Risk Management is looking for an Independence Lead. Risk Management (RM) is responsible for assisting client service and non-client service personnel in both understanding, and implementing Global and Firm level risk policies, as well as legal and regulatory requirements, and in monitoring compliance with these policies. The successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing a significant aspect of RM processes, running ad-hoc projects, and liaising with key internal and external stakeholders. What you will do
What you bring to the role
- Acquire and apply specialist-level knowledge of auditor independence regulations, including those established by CPA Code of Conduct, the Securities and Exchange Commission, Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) and International Ethics Standards Board of Accountants
- Interact with our partners and firm professionals to provide Independence policy guidance and to resolve questions regarding the application of professional Independence standards with respect to personal independence matters, including financial relationships, employment relationships, commercial activities, and certain firm related independence matters, such as business relationships.
- Lead certain independence processes related to personal independence and evaluating potential breaches of independence policies.
- Employ research, critical thinking and analytical skills to evaluate the Firm's Independence/relationships with respect to existing and prospective audit clients.
- Preparing technical alerts, guidance, training materials and other deliverables for distribution across the Firm.
- Manage projects on an ad hoc and on-going basis; identify process enhancements and improvements
Keys to your success
- Minimum of six years of client service experience in a large professional services firm or similar environment, or an independence or risk role
- A professional accounting qualification or equivalent qualification (CPA preferred)
- A consistent consultancy mindset and problem-solving approach to developing and offering effective solutions for Independence-related business issues.
- Experience responding to complex inquiries, performing research, analyzing data, identifying potential issues, making a decision, and documenting results/findings to support conclusions
- Ability to apply subject matter specialization to train stakeholders regarding independence policies, processes and information systems
- Strong interpersonal skills are required to supervise and train less experienced personnel and to manage key relationships with partners and staff
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, high attention to detail and ability to generate high quality deliverables
- Ability to manage competing deadlines, to work under pressure and maintain quality
- Experience in coaching and staff development
- Strong IT skills
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust
and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business. Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada's Benefits and well-being, click here .
This is a remote/hybrid position. #li-remote Our Values, The KPMG WayIntegrity
, we do what is right | Excellence
, we never stop learning and improving | Courage
, we think and act boldly | Together
, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better
, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here .
For general recruitment-related inquiries, please contact the HR Delivery Centre at email@example.com
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
or phone: 416-777-8002 or toll free 1-888-466-4778.
Management and Executive