Paladin Security: Making the World a Safer and Friendlier Place!
Do you have superior customer service skills and a passion for helping people? Are you able to think quickly on your feet and defuse difficult situations? Your track record of handling a great deal of responsibility combined with your varied life experience and enthusiasm for a job well done make you an ideal candidate for our team! The Paladin Difference starts with our officers; we're the best because we hire the best. We believe in promoting from within, respecting people and their differences, providing high quality service and always having fun! If you think you have what it takes to join our team, we want to meet you!Job Skills / Requirements
To: All Security Personnel
From: Robert Lanni
Date: August 9, 2018
Closing Date: August 15, 2018
Re: Job Posting: CF Sherway Gardens - Full Time
Position: Security Guard
Site: CF Sherway Gardens
City: Etobicoke, ON
Status: Full Time
Hours: Rotating Continental (0800 - 2000/2000 - 0800) (0700 - 1900/1900 - 0700)
Pay Rate: $14.15-$15.18
Site Description: A crown jewel in every way, CF Sherway Gardens continues to redefine the retail experience. CF Sherway Gardens includes 1.3 million square feet of retail space housing over 200 top retailers, Gourmet Fare with a panoramic view, lush gardens and leather seating. It has been long considered a shopper's delight. CF Sherway Gardens is located just west of downtown at the junction of Hwy. 427 & QEW. There is easy direct access to the shopping centre from both QEW and Hwy. 427 via Sherway Gardens Road. Anchored by 3 new full service restaurants, The Hudson Bay, Saks Fifth Avenue and soon to come; Nordstrom, Sherway Gardens is an upscale fashion and lifestyle center.
Job Description: Working on assigned shifts, you will provide proactive and reactive security patrols and response to incidents. Specific duties include but are not limited too:
• Perform security patrols in accordance with established procedures. Monitor all areas and control access by unauthorized or undesirable persons.
• Maintain communications at all times with fellow Security Officers, Management, Customer Service and Maintenance staff.
• Respond immediately to any emergency and co-ordinate response accordingly based off established procedures.
• Ensure the security and life safety of all occupants.
• Develop a thorough understanding of Fire systems.
• Investigate and document all incidents and occurrences involving customers, tenants and employees.
• Perform duties and tasks assigned by the Security Leadership team and respond to the directions of all shopping centre management.
• Be observant and record all discrepancies, deficiencies and safety hazards noted during security patrols and take corrective action either informing the applicable department or handling it personally, whenever possible.
• Be courteous, and helpful in enforcing all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
• Maintain proper site equipment control at all times.
• Maintain control of the lost and found records and property.
• Maintain the highest standard of security at all times, being professional in attitude, appearance and application.
• Perform security duties within the limits of the law and in accordance with any federal, provincial and municipal laws.
• Represent Paladin Security and The Cadillac Fairview Corp. Limited to tenants and customers in such a way as to enhance the quality, image and reputation of the shopping centre and the company.
Prerequisites: At the time of the interview, applicants must be able to produce proof of completion of the following:
1. A Valid Ontario Security Guard License
2. Must possess a valid G2/G Class driver's license with a minimum driving experience of 3 to 5 years
3. Must provide driver's abstract
4. No more than 2 minor convictions, no major convictions, and no more than 6 demerits in the last three years.
5. First Aid & CRP Level C
6. Basic Security Officer Training
Position Requirements: Successful applicants will be required to complete the following courses:
1. Successful completion of Paladin's online Sherway Gardens Orientation
2. Successful completion of Paladin's online Supervisor 3 - OHS
3. Successful completion of Paladin's online Patrol Procedures
4. Successful completion of Paladin's online Note Taking and Report Writing
5. Successful completion of Paladin's online Dealing with Persons with Mental Illness
6. Successful completion of Incident Management Systems 100
7. Successful completion of Paladin's online Active Shooter Situations
8. Successful completion of Paladin's online Workplace Respect
9. Successful completion of Paladin's online Crowd Control
10. Successful completion of Paladin's online Slip Trips and Falls
11. Successful completion of Paladin's online Introduction to Bike Patrol
12. Successful completion of Paladin's Can Bike Training
13. Additional courses as assigned
All interested personnel must apply through the Employee Portal by simply following these steps:
1. Visit www.paladinsecurity.com
2. Click on Employee Portal
3. Enter username and password
4. Click on career opportunities
5. Click on Ontario, then Toronto
6. Select the job posting
7. Register and apply
Should you have any questions on this process, kindly contact the HR Department at email@example.com
.Additional Information / Benefits
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those applicants that are short listed will be contacted for an interview.
This job reports to the CSM
This is a Full-Time
position 1st Shift
, 2nd Shift
, 3rd Shift
Number of Openings for this position: 1