Department: Centre for Career and Employment Community Services
Classification: Support Staff
Salary Range: $30.56 (start rate) - $35.42 (4-year rate)
Hours Per Week: 35 hours per week
Status: Contract (Appendix D)
Posting Date: April 14, 2022
Effective: April 25, 2022 - December 16, 2022 THIS IS A TEMPORARY REPLACEMENT POSITION FOR A BARGAINING UNIT EMPLOYEE.
Terms and conditions of employment are as outlined in the Support Staff Collective Agreement.
Reporting to the Site Coordinator, the incumbent provides information and referral services to clients (job seekers and employers) interested in accessing the programs and services available through employment sites and provides employment preparation assistance to individuals. The program activities will take place at the Edelbrock Centre in Orangeville. Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
• Assisting individuals with labour market services and programs for the community by coordinating the resources and activities of the resource area
• Providing information on local training and employment opportunities, community service supports, occupational and training requirements and resources to support unassisted or assisted job search, career clarification and planning, and informed education, training and employment decisions
• Conducting individual and group client intake screening and completing relevant documentation to determine service needs of the client
• Designing and conducting workshops and other group programs, including all aspects of job search, career decision making, workplace readiness and employment standards
• Ensuring relevant and appropriate information and resources are available in the Employment Resource Centre for use by job seekers, employers, community partners, and other Georgian College team members
• Providing employer activities offered through the program, such as promoting the program to employers, entering job postings, and coordinating hiring events such as job fairs
• Coordinating activities for students and employers, including working with employers to access hiring and training incentives
• Focusing services to meet targets and standards established by funders
• Continuing involvement in community events, job fairs and campus events during non-traditional hours
• Representing the program at public functions by making presentations to community agencies, service groups and secondary schools
• Implementing marketing and outreach strategies to promote employment services QUALIFICATIONS:
• Successfully completed a two-year postsecondary diploma in a relevant field of study that may include, but is not limited to human services or human resources and business
• Two years' work experience in career / vocation advising, employment assistance training, human resource development practices and administrative procedures (business, industrial, manufacturing or service sector industries)
• Experience in workshop development and facilitation to provide information / job search assistance to clients
• Ability to work within specified program guidelines
• Access to reliable transportation to travel to offsite locations and attend offsite meetings and presentations, etc.
• Knowledge of labour market trends and legislation in Simcoe County, Ontario and nationally
• Experience in sales, marketing and customer service to promote the program to employers, community and clients
• The ability to take initiative, work independently or within a team environment
• Proven organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask and meet competing deadlines
• Demonstrated communication skills both written and oral
• Computer skills, virtual program delivery skills and experience with databases (entering, analyzing and maintaining statistical data), career planning software (i.e. Career Cruising, web-based assessments), Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Teams), and social media (Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter)
• Experience with EOIS-CaMS an asset
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
• Ability to travel to off campus sites as required
• Ability to work flexible hours including evenings and weekends
Georgian College supports diversity, equity and a workplace free from harassment and discrimination and is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free environment. We invite applications from all qualified candidates and actively encourage applications from members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including, but not limited to persons of Indigenous ancestry, racialized persons, persons with disabilities, women and members of the 2SLGBTQ community. If you are contacted to participate in the interview, please advise the coordinator of any accommodations needed with respect to any materials or processes used to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applications for this position must be received by 11:59 p.m. on April 22, 2022.
While we thank all applicants, only those contacted for an interview will be acknowledged.