Research Scientist, Machine Learning and Cognitive Intelligence
Reference ID: EYT0004F
Research in machine intelligence has already impacted user-facing services across many of our clients. EY's Automation and Machine Intelligence team is actively pursuing the next generation of intelligent systems for cross-functional applications with our clients. To achieve this, we're working on projects that utilize the latest techniques in Machine Learning (including Deep Learning approaches) and Natural Language understanding (Processing and Generation). Globally, we've already been joined by some of the best minds - including Dr. Nigel Duffy - and we're looking for talented Research Scientists that have applied experience in the fields of Machine Learning, Natural Language Processing and Machine Intelligence to join our team.
We are seeking a Research Scientist, Machine Learning and Cognitive Intelligence. We are a multi-disciplinary team at EY. Engineers, business professionals, and leading industry professionals work closely with each other to discover, invent, and build solutions working with some of the biggest companies in the world. Ideas may also come from internal projects (e.g., EY Labs) as well as from collaborations with research programs at partner universities and technical institutes all over the world. EY is a Gold partner of the Vector Institute in Toronto, a leader in the transformative field of artificial intelligence, excelling in machine and deep learning. From creating experiments and prototyping implementations to designing new architectures, Research Scientists and Advisory Consultants work on challenges in machine perception, data mining, machine learning, and natural language understanding. You stay connected to your research roots as an active contributor to the wider research community by partnering with universities and publishing papers.
Your key responsibilities
As a Research Scientist, you'll:
• Participate in cutting edge research in machine intelligence and machine learning applications
• Develop solutions for real world, large scale problems
• Establish scalable, efficient, automated processes for large scale data analyses, neural networks, model validation, and model implementation
• Use machine learning, data mining and statistical techniques to create new scalable and predictive models in the biomedical field
• Research and implement novel machine learning & statistical models/approaches across multiple industries working with cross-functional business teams
Skills and attributes for success
• Strong written and verbal communication, presentation and technical writing skills, coupled with a strong interest in further developing and integrating operations with technology skills.
To qualify for the role you must have
• Masters/PhD in Computer Science, related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience in Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Mining or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence)
• Programming experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Python
• Contribution to research communities and/or efforts, including publishing papers at conferences such as NIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR, etc.
Ideally, you'll also have
• A high level of motivation, strong work ethic and self-starting attitude.
• Relevant work experience, including full time industry experience or as a researcher in a lab
• Strong publication record
• Ability to design and execute on research agenda.
What we look for
We're interested in passionate leaders with a strong vision and a desire to stay on top of trends in the IT Advisory space. If you have a strong passion for helping businesses achieve their IT strategy, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
At EY, our Total Rewards package supports our commitment to creating a leading people culture - built on high-performance teaming - where everyone can achieve their potential and contribute to building a better working world for our people, our clients and our communities. It's one of the many reasons we repeatedly win awards for being a great place to work.
We offer a competitive compensation package where you'll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package allows you decide which benefits are right for you and which ones help you create a solid foundation for your future. Our Total Rewards package includes a comprehensive medical, prescription drug and dental coverage, a defined contribution pension plan, a great vacation policy plus firm paid days that allow you to enjoy longer long weekends throughout the year, statutory holidays and paid personal days (based on province of residence), and a range of exciting programs and benefits designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being. Plus, we offer:
• Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues in the industry
• Learning opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
• The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Recognized as one of Canada's top employers, EY continually strives to be a great place to work and with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we'll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Make your mark. Apply today.
EY is committed to inclusiveness, equity and accessibility. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply.
Posted: December 14, 2018
Closes: February 12, 2019