60 Yonge Street
Job Family Group:
Audit, Risk & Compliance
The Reporting Analyst and Administrative Assistant is accountable for all risk management reporting needs. The role provides project management assistance for purposes of contributing to the effective and efficient operation of the business group, and for purposes of achieving business objectives. This role requires interactions with many stakeholders and is solely responsible for managing all reporting timelines. Provides professional support to senior manager on activities that can generally span up to a 3-month timeframe. Monitors and ensures that administrative and operational processes and control standards are followed while seeking to determine, develop, and participate in implementation of improvement opportunities.1) Reporting (70%):
2) General Administration, Human Resource Administration and Professional Support Accountabilities (30%):
- Manage, produce, update and maintain on a monthly or quarterly basis BMO Insurance Risk reports, Board of Director reports, Wealth Management Risk Reports, RMC/RRC Reports, Monthly Dashboard reports and other adhoc reports along with maintaining and reporting the Monthly Dashboard and Key Risk Metrics dashboards. Coordinate with several stakeholders so the information presented is complete and on time.
- Prepares standard correspondence, reports and presentations, ensuring completed material is produced in a timely manner. Serves as the primary liaison for the Risk Management unit for ad hoc issues and projects.
- Develops organization centric materials such as communications, correspondence, presentations, including deciding on or recommending content. Accountable for disseminating communications to facilitate timely and effective communications. Responds to related inquiries on the department's behalf, or escalates for resolution as appropriate.
- Lead the management of the Risk Library for BMO Insurance Risk, including surveys of industry practices and proposing changes.
- Coordinate the annual Risk Appetite Statement refresh, including maintenance of the key risk metrics dashboard relative to the business' risk appetite. Work with business units to set KRM thresholds and rationales.
- Coordinate and set up the Own Risk and Solvency Assessment ("ORSA") meetings on an annual basis (for Non-Operational Risks). Manage and organize all required meetings. Maintain database and follow up deliverables and issues. Assist the CRO Insurance in the preparation of the materials to be presented. Participate in the peer review of the ORSA.
- Coordinate agenda, attendees, timing and various resources for the BMO Insurance Risk Management Committee as well as prepare and compile materials to be presented by various stakeholders.
- Maintain and update a database of all Policies and Standards (Corporate and Subsidiaries). Prepare on an annual basis a schedule report for the Board of Directors of the Canadian subsidiaries and monitor the review of the subsidiaries policies for the presentation to their Boards of Directors. Monitor changes to applicable corporate policies and standards and prepare a comprehensive review of changes for adoption by the Board of Directors.
- Manage and coordinate Quarterly Representation Letter, Quarterly Insurance Risk Corporate Policy Certification, Access Certification and Security Access.
- Assist with Audit and any Risk Assessment requirements.
- Performs business/situational analysis and develops recommendations such as identifying and developing business process improvement opportunities or identifying and developing alternatives to support business decisions. Participates in recommending the most appropriate alternative to achieve business goals and business needs more efficiently and effectively. Participates in planning and coordination through to implementation.
- As the BUCO-delegate, monitor the regulatory environment for changes to regulatory requirements applicable to the Risk Management unit and ensures compliance with those requirements by conducting regular monitoring and control testing . Complete the annual review of the Regulatory Compliance Risk Assessment, External Risks, and Control Environment in the Compliance Oversight and Reporting Engine (CORE) to ensure they are accurate and up-to-date.
- BMO Insurance Pulse team representative.
- Manages and monitors the Manager's calendar of scheduled appointments', or upcoming events and matters requiring immediate attention. Coordinates agendas, and dispatches meeting invitations and agendas, books meeting rooms and arranges for IT resources and other requirement in support of smooth and efficient meeting facilitation. Coordinate and support Continued Education initiatives (Seminars, webminars, webcasts,…) for the Risk Management, BMO Insurance team.
- Manage and organize travel / offsite arrangements Booking Travel, accommodations, registrations for events and seminars.
- Develops and leverages relationships cross-LOBs, with executives and senior managers, and externally, to foster and support intra-group coordination while carrying out accountabilities.
- Logs departmental expense reports and develops and maintains an efficient diary and filing system to ensure reports, correspondence and financial documentation are maintained and readily available. Establishes and maintains organized electronic filing systems to ensure that business and operational reports, forms, and other business documentation are readily available.
- Leads and participates in planning, coordinating and implementing department events.
- Coordinate on-boarding and off-boarding of employees (sitting arrangement, computer, access passes, etc.). Administer PPA process to ensure all PPA are completed on time. Maintain organization charts, HR files (where appropriate). Distribute relevant information to the team and others.
- Oversee upcoming moves between offices/floor, liaising with Corporate Real Estate, if needed. This includes as well dealing with Suppliers/Maintenance for issues/deficiencies on the floor as they arise, maintaining office supplies.
- Maintain organized physical and electronic filing systems to ensure documents are readily available. Coordinate the team's paperless initiative and simplify current records retention.
- Provide audit support and maintain SharePoint of the planning pull list requested materials
4) Special Projects:
- Provides coaching and mentoring, where applicable, to more junior colleagues to assist them in developing capability to carry out current job accountabilities and to expand the types and levels of work they perform in the future. Performs back-up function for other administrative staff during vacation or other absences to ensure that administrative support is provided on an ongoing basis.
- Participate in special projects as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree is an asset / Post-Secondary education in a related field.
- Other professional related training and development to keep skills current, including office productivity software is an asset.
- Requires minimum 2 years' experience in a reporting role or support function in a fast paced environment, dealing with moderately complex issues and managing conflicting priorities.
- Seasoned knowledge of bank financial processing standards, and key business processes, and excellent working knowledge of financial analysis methodologies, accounting principles, and very good working knowledge of project management methodologies, and human resources policy.
- Seasoned broad business knowledge and deep understanding of the organizational unit, its functions and products, and customer groups.
- Very good understanding of the processes, policies and procedures required for supporting the business unit.
We're here to help
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills.
- Ability to organize moderate amounts of business information and develop it into cohesive, professional reports and presentations, with little guidance and ability to recognize and respond to business related issues within the scope of the material.
- Ability to analyze relevant alternatives and create a rational recommendation to support business decision-making. Ability to plan and coordinate implementation of the selected alternative.
- Detail oriented, extremely well organized, and able to manage time and multi-task to accomplish a multitude of tasks, with conflicting priorities and timelines.
- Advanced level PC skills (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio; Lotus; web browsers).
- Good project management skills to coordinate and lead a variety of initiatives.
- Advanced communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to deal with clients in a professional and courteous manner, and to develop and leverage professional working relationships.
- Ability to leverage knowledge of the organization and the supported business unit's uniqueness, to carry out accountabilities.
- Ability to work both independently, as well as to play a key participating role in building a cohesive team.
- Ability to deal with confidential materials in an appropriate manner.
- Proficient at administrative tasks.
At BMO we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com .
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.