Are you ready to take your career to new heights and be a part of a dynamic team at Rogers Sports & Media? We believe in creativity, innovation, and collaboration in everything we do, and we are looking for people who share this mindset to join us. With a monthly reach of 30 million Canadians, you can help shape the future of sports, news, e-commerce, and entertainment. At Rogers, we value diversity and inclusivity and believe that every voice matters. Join us today and be a part of a team that is redefining the future of media.
Are you a talented storyteller, brimming with new ideas? Does the idea of a fast-paced, multi-platform newsroom seem like your ideal environment? Then CityNews Toronto wants you to join our team!We are looking for a Full-time Reporter
to work evenings and weekends within our 24/7 streaming channels and scheduled newscasts. What you will do:
What you will bring:
- Cover breaking news in the afternoon, evening and weekends for our streaming channels and scheduled newscasts, including live reports and packages
- Work with a dynamic team to produce broadly relevant television news stories which capture daily life in Toronto and the GTA.
- Deliver stories which will stand out from the competition, emphasizing creativity over traditional methods
- Pitch original and enterprise news stories
Here's what you can expect in return:
- A passion for news and storytelling - you know what makes a great story and know how to tell it
- An ability to find and report on stories about people and issues which reflect the diversity of Toronto
- Strong live reporting skills
- News moves fast! You must be able to multi-task and deliver content for multiple, daily broadcast deadlines
- A competitive salary and benefits which include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks.
- All equipment and technology required for you to perform your role provided prior to your start
- Leadership which supports your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the "what" and the "how"
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 33 Dundas St. East (909), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 75%
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & News
Requisition ID: 297138
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes:Rogers Sports & Media
Toronto, ON, CA Being a Rogers team member comes with some great perks & benefits including:
• Health & well-being benefits
• Donation matching
• Paid time off for volunteering
• Wealth Accumulation including: Pension plan & Employee stock options
• Generous employee discounts
• Leadership development, Mentorship, and Coaching programs
*available for full-time and part-time permanent employees, some restrictions apply Looking for career guidance and inspiration?
Catch up on the latest episodes of For the Love of Work
podcast with Dr. Sonia Kang.Job Segment:
Banking, Finance and Insurance Other