Working from a Warranty Service Depot Facility, the RCST (Remote Customer Support Tech) is responsible for completing tech work remotely as requested by stores through ETS (Easy Tech System) ticket tracking queue. Responsibilities include but are not limited to telephone support related to the issue, performing remote computer diagnostics, repairs, operating system installations, software installs and configuration work for customers on behalf of Staples retail locations. They are responsible for establishing and maintaining service excellence by assigning the highest priority to customer satisfaction and demonstrating quality in every aspect of work.
TECHNICAL REMOTE SUPPORT (80%)
• Maintain an acceptable standard of productivity by completing priority planned work quickly and accurately. (Target SLA 23 jobs completed per day, 80% same day SLA on all submitted jobs) • Provide timely completion of assignments and related administrative duties. • Maintain a neat and well organized work area • Up-hold the highest of professional standards when performing work on customers' computers. • Ensures a strict level of confidentiality with regards to customer's files and service contracts. All work performed must be detailed and well documented. • Ensure work performed is well documented and tickets have proper updates in ETS. • Ensure that all commitments are met on a timely basis. • Schedule may include various shifts including nights and weekends. • Understands and adheres to all privacy and information management policies and procedures. • Work remotely (from home or alternate office location) as scheduling needs dictate. • Properly secures company and customer assets and physical inventory and follows all loss prevention and key control procedures. • Has a complete understanding of all company policies and procedures related to this position, as outlined in the training checklist. • Checks and understands all sources of communication for information (white boards, bulletin boards, portal, etc). • Identifies and communicates suggestions for improvements in all areas of the business. • Ensures the general cleanliness of workstations, lunchroom and washrooms according to company standards is maintained. • Maintains a safe working environment and follows all company protocols for safety and is required to report any unsafe working conditions to National Manager, Warranty Depots. • As per policy, required to have personal parcels (bags, totes, backpacks, purses, etc.) checked prior to leaving the premises.
CUSTOMER/STORE COMMUNICATION (20%):
• Communicate with Store Associates/Managers and/or Customers (Internal / External) regularly to discuss service events, provide updates and support. • Collaborate with Staples Associates across various business units as necessary to ensure timely high quality results. • Accountable to ensure the prevention and resolution of customer issues and store escalations. Basic:
• Strong working knowledge of computers. • Verifiable and demonstrated skill in performing services/upgrades to all types of computers. • Capacity to communicate with customers effectively using a variety of mediums. • Ability to resolve customer concerns in a diplomatic manner. • Ability to make decisions with integrity that supports company guidelines and makes good business sense. • Ability to plan, organize and prioritize efficiently and effectively to handle their daily responsibilities and serve our customers. • Ability to work effectively with ongoing distractions is necessary. • Can engage appropriately and work as part of a team. • Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required. • High proficiency in English language skills (written & oral). High Bilingual (French/English) proficiency (written & oral) preferred in provinces requiring French language support. Preferred:
• 3 years as a computer technician or equivalent is preferred. • 3 years serving customers in customer-service and/or retail capacity. Education:
• Successful completion of high school or greater. • A Certification is required Additional Information:
• Conditions of the work environment are such that minor stress or physical discomfort may occur. • A moderate amount of physical effort is required in lifting and handling technology devices. • May be required to work alternate shifts or flex start and end times to ensure connection with all Depot Technicians. • Travel may be required for meetings.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants' needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.