Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
Our vision to be the Better Bank is grounded in our purpose-driven and forward-focused strategy. Amidst a rapidly changing landscape, we know that technology plays a critical role in achieving this vision and delivering on our strategy. It also signals the need to accelerate investment in emerging capabilities to adapt to the changes happening around us and respond to customer needs more quickly. To accomplish this, we're evolving our platforms, introducing key enterprise practices and re-imagining our customer journeys as part of the Next Evolution of Work (NEW).
NEW will empower colleagues to make decisions faster, work more efficiently and quickly identify and address customer and market trends to deliver innovative solutions at an unprecedented pace. NEW will enable us to move with purpose towards common goals, simplify how we work and elevate how we deliver customer value. By joining NEW, you'll have the opportunity to be part of a new way of working while making an impact on the future of banking in ways you've never imagined.
A subject matter expert leading, coordinating, and coaching multiple Agile teams for Next Evolution of Work (NEW), the Release Train Engineer is accountable for overseeing, coaching, and training a small group of professionals assigned to Agile teams.
As the successful candidate, your key objectives include the following:
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through ARTs using various tools such as Kanban and other information radiators.
- Establish and communicate the Program Increments (PIs) apart from your ART and facilitate PI Readiness, System Demos, PI Planning, and Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings.
- Co-ordinate the features to be deployed on the Agile Release Train being conducted by taking into consideration dependencies, order, and architecture.
The Release Train Engineer facilitates release processes, coordination, and execution across a number of agile teams within his/her Product Group and Product Family. Escalates impediments, manages risk, helps ensure value delivery, and helps drive relentless improvement. Participates in transformation, coaching leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in the new processes and mindsets required to achieve agility. Depth & Scope:
Education & Experience:
- Key Subject matter expert with specialized knowledge in coordinating, leading and coaching multiple agile teams
- Assists with coordinating the ceremonies, backlogs releases of various agile teams to successfully release in a Program Increment a part of the release
- Works with pods within his/her Product Group / Product Family to limit W.I.P. and drive continuous improvement using servant leadership
- Ensures there is alignment between the Program Increment's business outcomes design and delivery
- Addresses difficult obstacles within their release thinking critically to resolve impediments, be it architectural, leadership or logistics.
- Supports an environment where team freely escalates challenges; facilitates change through positive reinforcement of successes
- Experienced Scrum Master/Project Manager/Coach capable of supporting growing number of teams (3-4 agile teams)
- Requires full understanding of the processes, procedures and systems
- Helps resolve complex problems and is able to identify viable and often innovative options
- Begins to influence outside of immediate work and/or Agile team
- Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve efficiency of own and other teams
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required in a related field such as information technology, computer science, Bus. Admin - Masters preferred
- 3+ years of experience as a Coach, Prod Mgr, Scrum Master
- Certified SAFE Release Train Engineer (RTE) or SAFE Program Consultant (SPC), or Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- 3+ years' experience with Agile Management tools
- Typically requires 7+ years Agile related experience
- 3+ Years' experience coaching multiple agile teams
- Advanced knowledge of agile theory, methodology, techniques, rules, and practices, estimating/sizing, planning, forecasting, reporting, conflict resolution and facilitation
- Knowledge of current and emerging competitor and market trends
- Ability to establish goals and objectives that support delivery execution for multiple teams
- Ability to contribute to the direction of the function and provide advice to the team and delivery leadership
- Ability to lead, plan, execute and evaluate committed work activities to ensure completion of initiatives
- Skill in mentoring, and performance management
- Skill in using analytical software tools, data analysis methods and reporting techniques
- Skill in using computer applications including MS Office and industry standard Agile tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form
- Ability to work collaboratively and build relationships across teams and functions
- Ability to work successfully as a member of a team and drive team execution
- Ability to exercise sound judgement in making decisions
- Ability to analyze, organize and prioritize work while meeting multiple deadlines
- Ability handle confidential information with discretion
- Facilitates PI Readiness through coaching and supporting development of Roadmaps, Features, Releases
- Facilitates System Demos, PI Planning, Pre- and Post-PI Planning meetings
- Co-ordinates successful delivery of the Features to be deployed in the Release by taking into consideration dependencies, order and architecture
- Summarizes & Publishes the Team PI Objectives ensuring everything is rolling up to the Vision, Bold Aspirational Goals (B.A.G) and Objectives and Key Results (OKRs)
- Tracks and produces key metrics and dashboards to monitor releases
- Facilitates Synchronization meetings (e.g., Release sync) as required to keep delivery aligned to achieving the business outcomes
- Works cross-functionally to align strategy, methodology and execution with all relevant stakeholders (i.e. Product Owners, , Release Management, Architecture etc.)
- Escalate and Track impediments from teams which are a part of their release scope
- Manages Risks and Dependencies of their release
- Provides input on required resourcing from across the Bank to support the release
- Coaches and promotes collaboration to Leaders, teams, and Scrum to enable high performance
- Partners with Business Owners, Product Managers and Product Owners to help assure strategy, vision and road map alignment and execution
- Improves the flow of value through value streams by working to improve DevOps and Release on Demand Competency
- Drives the Lean Innovation Cycle with Business and Product Management
- Primarily functions as a servant leader fostering Lean-Agile Continuous Delivery DevOps mindsets
- Applies best practices and knowledge of internal / external business issues to improve products or services in own discipline
- Applies engineering and service philosophy principles to release practices, contributes to the development of engineering and service guidelines and principles by providing feedback to the practice leaders based on platform knowledge, experience and identification of opportunities
- Contributes to the creation of release and/or solution metrics with the goal of demonstrating automation progress and benefits achieved
- Develops and recommends technical strategies and solutions to maintain or expand service levels
- Leads and / or participates in cross-Product Family / Group activities to identify risk / provide guidance for complex situations
- Interacts with governance and control groups, (e.g. regulatory / operational risk, compliance and audit) to provide subject matter expertise and consult on risk issues / items related to releases and solutions
- Keeps abreast of emerging issues, trends, and evolving regulatory requirements and assess potential impacts
- Protects the interests of the organization - identifies and manages risks, and escalates non-standard, high risk transactions / activities as necessary
- Maintains a culture of risk management and control, supported by effective processes in alignment with risk appetite
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.