Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can't afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD's technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
We are looking for a Release Lead to join the Enterprise Release Management team. The role will enable future product/service development, scalability, and innovation. As the lead Release Lead, you will partner with technology and business teams, as well as vendor to create and manage the end-to-end release plan, and deployment schedule with focus on efficiency, reliability, collision avoidance, and availability of existing environments and services, while supporting delivery teams in meeting their objectives and timelines. You will also define and implement practices for cross-team alignment, collision avoidance, release dependency management, and risk mitigation; and contribute to planning, design, operationalization, and readiness deliverables in compliance with enterprise and industry standards.
At TD, we hope you'll be inspired both by the work we do and the people who make it all happen. There's room to grow in all of it.Job Description
Specifically, the role will require strong aptitude in the following areas:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Creating and managing end-to-end release plans for scheduling, planning, and controlling the release and deployment process
- Integrating release management practices into delivery process with objective of offering reliable, repeatable IT services, at appropriate service levels
- Ability to convert the technical expertise to recommendations pertaining to efficiency, reliability, scalability, and security; drive best practices, and engage with planning, evaluating, operationalizing and reporting deliverables. Successful candidate must be able to show they are ready to think and act as an owner, and drive consensus and decisions among stakeholder in pursuit of technical integrity
- Establishing infrastructure for tracking and monitoring all relevant updates and changes, and efficiently converting the information into reporting, recommendations, schedules and decisions
- Providing trusted and reliable communication and reporting with confidence that all information is comprehensive, accurate, and confirmed
- Managing correspondence with clear articulation of impacts
- Providing subject matter expert guidance and advice to Release and Deployment management, as well as other IT Support segments, and participating in development of remediation and collision avoidance strategies
- Identifying and educating on control and communication failures to help prevent issues going forward
- Providing updates to senior leadership on accomplishments and opportunities, as well as insights on organizational trends anchored in unique perspective of the role
- Protecting the interests of organization through identification, management and escalation of risks and dependencies
- Being proficient with IT workflow and collaboration tools, such as Service Now, JIRA and Confluence. Be able to independently create and manage work items in the tools as required
- Being professionally familiar with Agile, Waterfall and hybrid delivery models to understand and align with multiple teams working in different paradigms
- Understanding of the DevOps and continuous delivery principles and practices
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field a bonus
- 5+ years of previous release, ITS or IT project management experience, (Formal training and solid understanding of project management principles preferred)
- 8-10 years of experience in information systems operations environment in service management, systems analysis or development
- Advanced knowledge of software development and service management lifecycles
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Well-developed executive communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Highly proficient in development of resolutions, plans and strategies for operational advancement.
- Sound management techniques, experience in problem resolution and development of strategies for operational improvement.
- Drive to enhance your knowledge and expertise by staying abreast of industry and business trends.
- Drive to boost your knowledge and expertise by staying abreast of industry and business trends.
- Willingness to work closely and effectively with clients, stay connected to business needs and direction.
- Leadership in growing team expertise to align with demand and TD's business and technology direction; assess team capabilities, identify ways to provide and enhance value delivered.
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.