Requisition ID: 104392
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Relationship Manager, Business BankingJob Purpose
Contributes to the overall success of Business Banking in Canada by ensuring specific individual goals, plans, initiatives are executed / delivered in support of the team's business strategies and objectives. Ensures all activities conducted are in compliance with governing regulations, internal policies and procedures.
The Relationship Manager "RM" is a product generalist who possesses a good understanding of financial products and services and focuses on the cross sell and retention of existing business banking customers. He/She is responsible for identifying prospects in target markets, developing proposed sales pipelines, conducting prospect sales calls and qualifying opportunities based on customer information and a high level of due diligence. He/She manages a customer portfolio of lower to moderate complexity, with business development activities that targets clients with lending needs in the range of $250,000 up to $1MM.
The RM is responsible for ensuring effective relationship management and conducts sales planning and fulfills the execution of service for existing customer base. The incumbent is also responsible for analysis and completion of credit applications.
This role requires the ability to travel as required. Key Accountabilities:
• Champions a customer focused culture to deepen client relationships and leverage broader Bank relationships, systems and knowledge.
• Promotes the development and profitable growth of the business banking portfolio in the assigned market area by:
o Developing and implementing a marketing strategy to maximize business development opportunities for sustainable growth;
o Developing sales plans for prospects and existing customers;
o Identifying prospects/referrals from other internal/external networks;
o Analyzing prospect lists and prioritizing business development opportunities based on market data and customer analytics;
o Partnering with internal resources for non-credit related products
o Referring customers and prospects to the appropriate Business Banking segment and partners as appropriate.
• Pursues a business development program within the assigned market area according to agreed-upon growth objectives by:
o Direct selling of credit and non-credit Business Banking products to prospects and customers;
o Maintaining an appropriate ongoing sales pipeline and calling program;
o Identifying and facilitating the involvement of key Bank resources and stakeholders to further business interests
o Maintaining effective follow-up with prospects/referrals on any unsuccessful opportunities
o Updating client or contact information accurately and in a timely fashion.
• Builds and maintains a market profile in the assigned market area with both internal and external contacts by;
o Planning and completing relationship activities that generate sales opportunities and/or provide value to clients;
o Building and maintaining an awareness of local market and general economic conditions
o Meeting with business leaders and other centres of influence
o Participating in local professional and community events and associations to develop and expand network of contacts.
o Liaising and utilizing Bank product specialists to stay abreast of new enhancements, products and services, and to fulfill identified client needs.
• Ensures all aspects of assigned relationships receive ongoing attention, as required to maintain, improve, grow and retain the relationship by:
o Using strong knowledge of the Bank's streamlined products and services including simplified credit application, standardized and simplified products, standardized pricing and underwriting.
o Actively seeking customer feedback on Bank products and services and the delivery of customer service;
o Liaising with the Shared Services Business Support Centre (BSC) for fulfilment (including documentation, liaising with third parties, security registration), compliance monitoring, reporting actions and all service activities as required;
o Partnering with internal product specialists on the selling of non-credit products and ensuring customer needs are met
o Actioning suggestions to continually improve customer satisfaction and processes improvements which may be received directly from clients or through client satisfaction vehicles such as the Pulse.
• Manage an assigned credit portfolio for authorizations up to $1MM at an acceptable level of risk by:
o Preparing and/or ensuring all documentation is properly prepared
o Identifying and resolving deviations from the conditions of authorization
o Ensuring early identification of problem loans
• Ensures satisfactory onboarding of clients by:
o Completing diligence to ensure through understanding of the Client's business and expected business activity and that it aligns with the Bank's risk tolerance
o Ownership of KYC requirements
o Ensuring all KYC documentation is properly on file.
• Champion sustainment of the Business Banking Operating Model by:
o Taking ownership that activities and behaviours align to roles and responsibilities and adherence to guidelines and processes within the Team.
• Understand how the Bank's risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions.
• Actively pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct.
• Champions a high performance environment and contributes to an inclusive work environment.Functional Competencies:
• Strong sales/closing skills.
• Strong networking ability.
• Strong negotiation skills.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential to this position. The incumbent must be able to effectively articulate their views both within the Bank and externally in the marketplace.
• Strong relationship management skills.
• Good credit skills.
• Strong knowledge of Bank's Business lending and deposit products and services, and customer profitability model, in order to provide integrated financial solutions.
• Ability to conduct due diligence on the strength of customer financials.
• Thorough knowledge of relationship building and teamwork skills.
• The incumbent requires a thorough knowledge of the business banking marketplace in Canada and a general knowledge of the assigned market area's key industries and competitive positioning within the assigned market area. The incumbent understands the Business Bank's objectives, and has a thorough knowledge of segment, strategies and structure, as well as its lending and deposit products and services.
• Good knowledge of Onboarding, Know Your Customer, Anti Money Laundering processes.
• Key Competencies include: Customer Focus, Communication, Results Focus, Building Strategic Relationships, Strategic Influencing and Self-Awareness & Personal Development.Education/ Experiences:
• Undergraduate degree in business or economics or work equivalency
• 3 - 5 years financial services experience
• Other training requirements as determined by the Bank from time to time.
• Good PC skills are necessary, including a working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Lotus notes and other business banking systems and platforms.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Bank, Banking, Underwriter, Developer, Law, Finance, Insurance, Technology, Legal
Banking, Finance and Insurance