Requisition ID: 158935
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
How You Will Contribute:
Reporting to the Regional Vice-President, as a Regional manager, you will be responsible for the development, coaching, mentoring and reward and recognition of a high-performing team of Financial Advisors. You will lead these employees in the implementation and adoption of new products and sales initiatives, ensuring an optimal client experience and effective use of contact and sales planning tools.
• You will create and foster a high-performance, client-focused, team-based sales environment for employees, ensuring a value proposition and infrastructure that attracts, retains, develops, and motivates.
• You will play a key role in identifying appropriate team-based solutions and work in conjunction with the Regional Vice-President and sales teams to identify tactics to address productivity deficiencies.
• You will monitor the day-to-day activities of your team for consistency with the Bank's risk culture and relevant risk appetite.
• You will be responsible for ensuring compliance to MD standards, policies, and procedures, as well as identifying and implementing applicable action plans to address deficiencies.
• You will act as the escalation point for client concerns and complaints, responding to such in a timely and customer-focused manner.
What MD Expects of You:
• The desire to lead by example -encouraging others to model your growth mindset, initiative, passion, change agility, integrity, and pro-active yet authentic relationship-building.
• The ability to deliver - using your leadership, communication, interpersonal and collaborative skills to foster trusted relationships with key stakeholders, enabling the achievement of business objectives
• A commitment to an exceptional client experience - regularly seeking new and innovative ways to meet and exceed client expectations
• A desire to learn - to further your knowledge of the competitive and financial landscape as any other issues impacting clients.
• The ability to work independently and as part of a broader team, leveraging the collaborative process to generate new ideas and provide the best service the client.
• A sense of urgency - what's urgent for your client is urgent for you. Attending to their needs is your priority.
• Confidence - in yourself, in MD's value proposition, and the ability to provide the client with best-in-class service and close the deal.
The Must Haves:
• Demonstrated senior management experience in leading, motivating and developing large, multi-layer teams of professionals, both in=person and virtually, preferably within the financial services industry.
• University degree in business, commerce, or equivalent degree.
• Solid understanding of the financial services, investment, and wealth management industry
• Certified Financial Planner (CFP) designation (Pl.Fin designation for Quebec) and have completed the Canadian Securities Course (CSC), the Conduct and Practices Handbook for Securities Industry Professionals (CPH), the Life Licensed Qualification Program (LLQP) and the Branch Manager exam.
• Willingness to complete the Effective Management Seminar within 18 months of Supervisor registration.
• Skilled in the usage of various Microsoft Office applications.
• We are big proponents of life-work integration and provide the flexibility and tools to achieve such.
• We believe an inclusive and diverse work environment makes for happy and productive employees.
• We recognize the importance of well-being and offer programs and benefits to support and sustain the mental and physical health of our employees and their families.
• We know that financial security is important to you and we're here to help - competitive salaries and incentive programs, a defined contribution pension plan and an employee share option purchase program.
• We realize time away to recharge is a non-negotiable - we offer a generous paid time off program in which the benefits increase along with your tenure with MD. Our team environment ensures you're able to take time off without worrying about your clients.
• We understand that cost-effective banking solutions mean more money in your pocket - through our partnership with Scotia, we offer a variety of preferred banking, credit card, mortgage and home/auto insurance options and discounts.
• We love discounts. Through the WorkPerks program, as an employee of MD you'll have access to thousands of discounts with various vendors across Canada.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Ottawa
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.Job Segment:
Regional Manager, Technical Support, Investment Banking, Bank, Banking, Management, Finance, Technology
Customer Service and Support Management and Executive