FLEXIBLE LOCATIONS ACROSS GTA
WSP is currently seeking a Systems Engineer to join our Rail Systems Engineering team.
Reporting to the Director, this position will be responsible to undertake railway (commuter rail, light rail and subway) related engineering and operational assessment and analysis to provide assurance that all the systems under review are acceptably safe and reliable/available for rail operational service. This is a hybrid work from office/home roleWhy WSP?
We offer competitive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future .#WeAre WSPA day in the life... Perform Requirements Management, including:
- A Canadian success story - a company that grew from humble roots in Quebec to a global, multinational powerhouse with over 48,000 employees worldwide;
- Canada's leading climate change consulting team with over 50 professionals who are constantly innovating and learning;
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than we were yesterday, for our employees, future employees, and our fellow Canadians, we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
o Administering and maintaining the requirements repository in DOORS classic or NG and externally in MS Excel.
o Develop a thorough understanding of the project requirements as they relate to the CJV scope, cost, and schedule.
o Ensuring changes to the Project Agreement and all associated documentation are captured and referenced in DOORS classic or NG in line with the Change Management process.
o Contribute to the Requirements Definition, Requirements Analysis, Requirements Monitoring and Controlling, and Requirements Traceability activities.Perform V&V Management, including:
o Participate in the review of Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Cases, and acceptance criteria for completeness and compliance.
o Coordinate Compliance Verification and Validation Matrices completion with Responsible Entities / Disciplines. Develop and maintain compliance traceability in DOORS NG.
o Develop Compliance Verification and Validation Reports to demonstrate compliance against the project requirements
o Review verification (i.e. analysis, simulation or testing) results against the respective acceptance criteria.Perform Interface Management, including:
o Participate in the identification of all internal and external interfaces of the CJV and establishment of a project Interface Matrix and Interface Register
o Support in the definition of boundaries and responsibilities of each of the interfacing parties and establishment of the Interface Control Document,
o Document the identification of interface types and Contributors of each identified interface,
o Assist in the development of the interface by applying engineering processes such as exchange of interface requirement specifications, design documents, workshops and meetings, and exchange of schedule information,
o Updating the ICD and compilation of the supporting documentation and achieving sign-off of the ICD for CJV at critical stages of the project.
o Assist CJV in determining the interfacing parties' responsibility from a design, construction, test and commissioning perspective
o Coordinating interfacing design leads in the development of ICD and ensuring the interfacing design leads have considered the interfacing points in their design We'd love to hear from you if you have....
- Bachelor's degree or advanced education in a relevant discipline from an accredited university;
- P. Eng. is required;
- Demonstrated experience in leading Systems component for a large organization, in the rail industry;
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate a broad knowledge across all rail engineering aspects and operations with specialist in at least one key area such as: Train Control/Signalling, Traction Power, Rolling Stock, Station Equipment, Communications, Track Infrastructure, and Structures;
- Demonstrated success in a team environment, and leading a team;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
WSP Canada Inc.