1545 Carling Ave., suite 210, Ottawa, ON K1Z 8P9 Status:
Permanent, full-time (37.5 hours/week) Schedule:
Monday to Friday (6:45AM-2:45PM)
Create awesome experiences for our customers. Join our team
TELUS Health is looking for a Receptionist to join an amazing multi-disciplinary team in our Ottawa Centre. Here's the impact you'll make and what we'll accomplish together
Under the direction of the Clinic Manager, the Receptionist will be responsible for greeting clients, managing the front desk, and performing a variety of administrative and clerical tasks. Here's how
• Greet clients and visitors in friendly and professional manner both in person and over the phone
• Register patients and provide guidance for completion of all necessary paperwork relating to their medical appointment
• Answer phones, client questions and resolve customer complaints, escalating to appropriate party as required
• Book appointments accurately in the scheduling system
• Prepare patient files for the following day and regularly update patient files and database with medical and administrative information
• Process payments by cash/debit/credit; reconcile daily transactions and prepare cash summary report
• Invoice clients for services rendered
• Prepare all outgoing mail via courier
• Work collaboratively and effectively with all team members to provide a welcoming and client focused environment
• Perform other general clinic/administrative duties including data entry, filing, faxing, photocopying, printing documents and maintaining tidiness in clinic, administrative areas and the front reception area Qualifications: You're the missing piece of the puzzle
• 1-3 years of relevant experience working in a fast paced environment, providing a high degree of customer service
• Bilingual (fluent in English & French oral and basic writing)
• Exhibits a professional image, mature communication style and polished manner with clients
• Ability to handle sensitive situations with tact while respecting patient confidentiality at all times
• Exhibits strong work ethic and takes ownership to complete a task from start to finish
• Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to work effectively in a team environment
• Demonstrates effective organizational, multitasking and problem solving abilities
• Exposure to patient databases and/or scheduling software would be ideal Who is TELUS Health Care Centres
We are a national network of renowned medical professionals dedicated to identifying health risks, inspiring positive lifestyle choices and improving patient outcomes. We have one of the largest networks of Care Centres in Canada.
• Our commitment: Better healthcare options for everyone. We are leveraging the power of technology to provide Canadians with better health outcomes. Connecting health teams, streamlining workflows, and empowering patients to manage their health are just some of the ways our digital solutions promote collaboration and efficiency.
• We are looking for enthusiastic, customer service minded individuals who want to work in a collaborative, friendly and supportive environment. Join our team and help us shape the future of how Canadians engage with the healthcare ecosystem. Accessibility
• THCC is proud to foster an inclusive culture that embraces diversity. We are committed to fair employment practices and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. We offer accommodation for applicants with disabilities, as required, during the recruitment process. Please let the recruitment team know of any accommodation requirement at the beginning of the process.
• Please note that we are exclusively recruiting people who can work legally in Canada. A bit about us
Our business is connecting Canadians. Our social impact is using our world-leading technology to create meaningful change, give back to help communities thrive, and help those who need it most. When you join our team, you're helping us make the future friendly. We're committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability -your unique contributions and talents will be valued and respected here.
TELUS Health is an IT leader in Canada that focuses on the health sector. Our mission is to improve the way information is being used along the continuum of care to better the health of citizens in Canada and in selected countries. Disclaimer
: In accordance with the TELUS Health Solutions Data Center Security Policy, as a condition of employment, all personnel whose job functions require they work at a Data Center and/or have access to detailed knowledge of technology related to client service delivery, are subject to a Personnel Security Screening conducted through the Government of Canada.