All companies are not the same. What makes TD special as a business is also, what makes us special as an employer. Why TD? TD's Colleague Promise: A better you. A better us.
A more confident you means a stronger us. We empower you to grow your skills, gain new perspectives, and create impact at work and in your community. That's our unique and inclusive culture.Department Overview
Our Associate Programs offer new graduates the opportunity to work in one of TD's many lines of business, and the chance to work on challenging projects and assignments, alongside experienced colleagues, and receive coaching and mentorship from business leaders and the Early Talent Experience team, to set you up for success in your career at TD.
As an Associate, you will also have access to programming, tools and a community of support for your pursuits and interests beyond the 9-5. This includes leadership talks, lunch and learns, self-development workshops, TD sponsored conferences, socials, team challenges, volunteer opportunities, career coaching and more. You will be part of a cohort along with other TD Associates from across Canada! If one of our over 20+ Associate programs is of interest to you, please read on and apply today. Job Description
Are you someone that enjoys breaking things?
Are you someone that cares about the end-user experience?
Do you get frustrated when things don't work or takes too long?
Do you love coding in Java, SQL, and Python?
Do you have an interest in technology and love problem solving?
Then you should join our Quality Engineering Team!
TD Quality Engineering (QE) Practice a specialized area dedicated to high-quality application and solution delivery. Similar to industry trends, TD's definition of this area of discipline (as well as skill and knowledge requirements) has changed over time. One thing hasn't changed - experts in this area remain highly-marketable across businesses.
Some of our QE activities may focuses on test automation, behavior driven development (BDD), continuous integration/ continuous testing, End-to-End testing, environment resiliency, Data/ETL testing on platforms such as Hadoop and Azure Cloud. Quality Engineering activities, in contrast, give stakeholders information about product or service quality while allowing the business to appreciate and understand any implementation risks. Many Testing & QE Experts could be involved in end-to-end delivery of testing, or more focused on a specific discipline.
As a QE tester you would write test automations to break things on purpose, so the customer doesn't break them by accident. Test Quality Engineering is a methodical process that requires planning, careful execution, and documentation. QE testers play an important part in a product's development. They ensure the final product meets the requirements set out by the client and reduce the number of errors in software. We are looking for bright individuals with a curious mind to work with one of our various quality engineering teams within the Technology group.
Quality Engineer Associate Program will provide training and have opportunities to contribute to below responsibilities which may vary by area. This may include, but is not limited to the following:
- Build an overall understanding by reviewing system requirements and design documents
- Create, execute and document detailed, accurate test cases using Test Management tools - JIRA/JTMF
- Define test data and environment requirements
- Automate test cases using available automation frameworks such as Selenium, Appium, and Rest assured
- Test TD mobile and web applications (responsive web) on variety of browsers and Android & iOS mobile devices
- Execute automated test cases using continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, Bitbucket, and git
- Detect Accessibility violations via variety of accessibility testing methods/tools
- Exposure to Data as a Service (DaaS) solutions and processes
- Attend Agile ceremonies including daily stand ups, refinement, planning, and retrospective sessions
- Have an exploratory mind set while testing applications, log defects and work with DEV teams to resolve them
- Provide support to technology peers and business that results in identifying solutions effectively
- Play an active role in developing test plans, traceability matrices and test closure reports, for small to moderately complex projects
- Promptly identify and raise awareness of issues
- Find ways to improve processes and delivery outcomes
- May support and maintain virtualized services, components, and environments by using Service Virtualization tools to enable functional and non-functional testing
- Deliver on TD's technology delivery practices, standards, and project management disciplines
- Continuously enhance knowledge and expertise, keep current
- Quality engineers may support our Data platforms, Mobile & Web applications, or Performance engineering.
- Must be graduated, or graduating between Spring 2020 and Spring 2023, in Computer science, Engineering, Computing, or equivalent
- Interest in testing and ability to conduct basic testing activities for QE-related projects
- Strong knowledge in programming languages such as Java/C/C++/Python, database query languages, extensible markup languages (XML), API methods, and experience with Microsoft Office
- Enthusiast in learning and applying the latest technologies in Azure Cloud, DevOps and CI/CD
- Readiness to participate in testing processes and methodology
- Strong communication, verbal, and written skills
- Detail-oriented, strong analytical skills
- Self-motivated, independent, and proactive
Assigned Line of Business Requirements
- Please note: This role will have varying start dates as applications are being reviewed on an ongoing basis
- Applications must include a resume (maximum of 2 pages).
- We welcome all applications; however, we will only contact qualified candidates chosen for an interview. Thank you for your interest.
- TD requires employees to reside in the country where the role is located, irrespective of remote working arrangements
Please note that the line of business that you are assigned to may require specific skills not mentioned in this posting
37.5 Start Date
- Fall, - Spring, - Summer, - Winter Inclusiveness
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Education and Training