Tell us your story. Don't go unnoticed. Explain why you're a winning candidate. Think "TD" if you crave meaningful work and embrace change like we do. We are a trusted North American leader that cares about people and inspires them to grow and move forward.
Stay current and competitive. Carve out a career for yourself. Grow with us. Here's our story: jobs.td.com Department Overview
The Quality Engineering (QE) Practice
is an enterprise function that brings together the Quality and Testing, and Release Management professionals from across the bank that support delivery. In addition, the Practice has accountability for IT Governance and Operational Support. The Practice aims to engineer for end-to-end quality outcomes from the start, innovating to deliver efficiently and drive legendary customer and colleague experiences as well as accelerate the talent, skills and capabilities of our people to ensure we deliver superior quality work. Job Description About This Role
Provides advanced testing, test development, automation and / or process support, research, and design input to ensure the delivery of quality solutions / applications. Leads test planning, test design / development, test architecture, test case automation, test execution, analysis, metrics and reporting.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager.Here's some of what you may be asked to perform:
Requirements What can you bring to TD?
- Provides quick feedback throughout the development and design process; analyzes / reports on the test results to confirm that the quality of the intended solution is met.
- Supports test planning (including testability of requirement), test design/development test case automation and test execution to achieve business outcomes. Integrates directly into a team's continuous delivery process, augmenting the delivery of quality software and ensuring speed, agility and risk management.
- Serve as a partner and provide ongoing support to the enterprise and/or business, aligning to TD Testing Methodology and QE best-practices.
- Analyze the end to end solution (business, solution requirements, architecture, blue prints, etc.) requirements to recommend pragmatic and sound test specific solutions for own area; may analyze, develop, debug, and maintain test suites (automated/ manual), traceability matrix; and log defects/assist in defect resolution, as required.
- Hands on experience implementing effective test strategies and providing guidance to delivery teams in using tools / setting up environments that support on-going quality and traceability.
- Support the team in test activities across the testing lifecycle, with a focus on value driven outcomes, and assist in defining test data and test environment requirements.
- Leverage virtual assets to support virtualization of any incomplete / unavailable code, service, database, etc.; has basic knowledge of test data management to reuse automated test data provisioning capabilities to be able to adopt a standard test data tool set.
- Implement test scripts ensuring they are integrated into the continuous integration, delivery, and testing (CI/CD/CT) pipeline for functional and non-functional automation (performance, readiness / reliability testing (ORT), accessibility, security) following agreed upon approach using available frameworks.
- Responsible and / or accountable for documenting and supporting the proactive identification of end-to-end test solution designs and early automation opportunities.
- Work collaboratively with the development team to define and validate appropriate user stories, acceptance criteria and definitions of done / ready.
- Apply the principles of Behavior / Test-Driven Development (BDD / TDD) and focus on value driven outcomes.
- Provide feedback, reporting and analytics on overall quality / performance, user experience, and future bug prevention.
- Contribute to various operational activities and prescribed engineering processes.
- Be knowledgeable of quality engineering practices and procedures within own area of responsibility and keep abreast of emerging trends for own functional area.
- Conduct reporting and / or meaningful analysis at the functional or enterprise level using results to draw conclusions, make recommendations, assess the effectiveness of programs/ policies/ practices.
- Monitor service, productivity and assess efficiency levels within own function and implement continuous process / performance improvements where opportunities exist.
- Actively seek continuous improvement and automation opportunities within the testing process.
- Acquire and apply expertise in the quality engineering discipline, provide guidance, assistance and direction to others.
Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
Additional Information Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- BS degree in Computer Science or related Engineering discipline; or equivalent practical experience.
- 7-9 years relevant experience.
- Experienced professional role with in-depth knowledge / expertise in testing planning, design, automation and execution.
- Advanced debugging skills - able to solve complex problems requiring analysis of multiple variables.
- Strong knowledge of new / advanced techniques and approaches in testing and automation (e.g. BDD, Rapid Software Testing).
- Ability to drive work efforts related to complex applications / systems / projects within one product line / business.
- Ability to work autonomously and manage complex application / solution issues as needed, escalating to leadership or other stakeholders when necessary.
- Collaborative team player and ability to play a leadership role in the team.
- Future focused - foresees issues and gaps and identifies industry trends.
Make your mark. Join a dynamic team. Explore new ideas.
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen - from the inside.
This is your opportunity to impact the future of banking technology in areas and ways you've never imagined (at a bank)! Visit techjobs.td.com to learn more. Hours
At TD, we are committed to fostering an inclusive, accessible environment, where all employees and customers feel valued, respected and supported. We are dedicated to building a workforce that reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve. If you require an accommodation for the recruitment/interview process (including alternate formats of materials, or accessible meeting rooms or other accommodation), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Creative and Graphic Design