WSP is seeking a Quality Coordinator
to support a growing quality program in Chalk River, ON. This role will give you the opportunity to ensure construction quality standards are being met and adhering to relevant regulations. You will be required to conduct regular inspections and quality audits of construction materials, workmanship, and completed installations.
The opportunity is to join the WSP team responsible for the execution of the Near Surface Disposal (NSDF)
Project in Chalk River. The NSDF project represents a 5-year build of the low-level waste repository in Chalk River, with an estimated capital cost of more than $500M.
The position requires the successful candidate to be physically present on the project site, and frequently inspect all aspects and areas of the site project, including exposure to ongoing construction, seasonal and various weather conditions.
Please note we will consider candidates based in various locations throughout Canada, but this opportunity is based at the project site in Chalk River, Ontario
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.#WeAreWSPA day in the life:
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy - we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- Supporting the development of the quality management system (QMS) processes, plans, tools, specification, and procedures
- Conducting project compliance oversights as per the audit and or surveillance schedule.
- Tracking KPIs and quality objectives; reporting any findings and works to facilitate the corrective actions.
- Providing inputs to the Quality Manager in overseeing the Quality program implementation and its effectiveness.
- Preparing for and plays a lead role for suppliers/ sub-suppliers' surveillance.
- Reviewing quality documentation for conformance.
- Ensuring all quality documentation is compiled, approved for use, and completed.
- Providing feedback and support with quality planning, scheduling, and reporting.
- Investigating, monitoring, and reporting on quality issues.
- Working with the Quality Manager to maintain up-to-date the QMS documentation.
- Developing Inspection and Test Plans.
- Conducting field inspections and surveillance, as per the ITPs.
- Tracking and updating the ITPs.
- Maintenance of the Corrective Action Program.
- Degree or Diploma in civil engineering, construction management, or a related field
- Experience in quality, within the construction industry preferred
- Experience working on large civil earthworks projects preferred
- Experience with soil and concrete testing is an asset
- Knowledge of nuclear regulations and safety standards considered an asset (N299, ISO 9001, CSA 51).
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to work independently
- Strong Microsoft Applications experience, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must be eligible for CNL Reliability Status ( individual must have 3 full years of verifiable history in Canada, USA, UK, New Zealand and/or Australia to be eligible )
is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 65,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 12,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
Health and Safety is a core paramount value of WSP. Given the importance of keeping one another safe it is expected that you comply with our Health, Safety & Environment (HSE) policy at all times as well as client HSE policies when working at client locations.
Offers of employment for safety-sensitive positions involving fieldwork are contingent upon candidates being able to perform key physical tasks of the job as described in the job posting and interview. This may include the ability to work in a variety of environmental conditions, such as remote or isolated areas, working alone, and in inclement weather (within safe and reasonable limits).
WSP welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
WSP is committed to the principles of employment equity. Only the candidates selected will be contacted.
WSP does not accept unsolicited resumes from agencies. For more information please READ THE FULL POLICY.
Management and Executive