Title: QA Engineer - Digital Factory
Requisition ID: 90145
At Scotiabank Digital Factory, the reach and opportunity of a global organization meets the passion and drive of a startup. Reinvention starts here-and it starts with you.
We believe that the pathway to success is paved with user feedback, so we're constantly asking our customers how they want to bank. When we find an opportunity to make things people will love, we assemble teams of specialists to collaborate in Digital Factories in Canada, Chile, Mexico, Peru, and Colombia. We work fast, and we work smart. Join us to create meaningful experiences and build the bank of tomorrow for our customers around the world.
If you'd like to learn more about our Digital Banking career opportunities, explore our Communities of Practice, or hear from our leaders, check out our Technology at Scotia career page.
Our team located in Digital Factory is growing quickly and we are specifically looking for a QA Specialist for our Mobile Banking Application team. By joining our team, you will make an impact on our customers, the banking industry, and ultimately, the world. As a QA Specialist, you'll be working very closely with our Delivery ,Product, Designers, Developers, and other QA Specialists in a cross-functional Agile environment team that is completely rebuilding our mobile banking application. You will advocate quality, verify and validate, analyze and lower risks, and automate tests to help build great Apps. Your testing starts early in the cycle and your ideas and opinions matter from planning to deployment. Is this role right for you?
Do you have the skills that will enable you to succeed?
- You think outside the box
- Your passion for Quality and Mobile Applications testing
- You are diligent with documenting your test plans, test cases and bug reports
- You are proactive and part of a dynamic team in an Agile environment
- You work as part of a team and encourage both individual and collaborative innovation
- You are open, persuasive, engaging and love to have a good laugh - you also know when it's important to get serious and be a champion for the end user
- You're a fast learner who has an appetite to learn what's behind both simple and complex financial solutions
- You have a positive and resilient personality. You must be able to embrace feedback and have a desire for continuous iteration and improvement
- You are comfortable working in a self-guided manner with the ability to prioritize tasks and manage your own time efficiently, without direct input or oversight
- You will work closely with your scrum team to evangelize an emphasis on quality
- You work with your scrum team to design and develop test strategies, testability requirements and implementation strategies
- You will develop, implement, execute test plans and test cases based on user stories
- You will contribute to test automation tools and infrastructure by developing and augmenting test cases and/or test libraries
- Previous exposure to the banking industry/financial services is preferred
- Good to have CSTB / ISTQB Foundation-Level Certification
- Knowledge of mobile platforms and native applications an asset
What's in it for you?
- You have 4 to 5 years of experience in Mobile Applications testing (Android and iOS)
- You have experience testing Mobile banking OR Mobile trading Applications
- You have experience on software testing techniques, methodologies, and tools
- You have experience with Charles Proxy , Postman , Splunk , app center & Launch Darkly
- You use Appium, Espresso, XCUITest or similar frameworks
- You are comfortable with native, API, integration, exploratory, performance/load/stress, usability, accessibility and security testing
- Experience with testing bilingual (English & French ) Mobile and web applications
- Establish traceability between test cases, user stories and bugs
- Execution of test cases and documentation of results for various types of testing as required (applies to smoke, integration, functional and regression testing)
*Some of our perks & onsite offerings will be offline as we continue to monitor federal and provincial regulations around COVID-19.
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does
- Free shuttle service to and from Union station, which means more money in your pocket
- Onsite subsidized cafeteria with a chef, so you can snack all day, every day
- Onsite fitness center, so you can feel your best
- This isn't your typical "corporate" job. We work hard and we have fun!
- Access to thousands of online and in person courses so you can brush up on skills, or learn new ones
- Career progression opportunities. We hire you for your talent and not just for the job. We want to see you succeed not just in your role but in your career as a whole
- A competitive rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs on pension and profit sharing, paid vacation, personal & sick days, medical, vision and dental benefits that start from day one and much more!
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
As Canada's International Bank, we are a diverse and global team. We speak more than 100 languages with backgrounds from more than 120 countries. Our employees are committed to a superior customer experience and use the Bank's six guiding sales practice principles to ensure they act with honesty and integrity.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
Medical, Developer, Bank, Banking, Outside Sales, Healthcare, Technology, Finance, Sales