Requisition ID: 159206
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture. Department Summary
The Global Quality Assurance (QA) is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining the Tangerine Anti-Money Laundering/ Anti-Terrorist QA Program. Tangerine Bank is subject to, and must comply with many Regulations promulgated by governments, regulators and self-regulating bodies. The Department is responsible for providing QA reviews to assist Tangerine unit to remain compliant with regulatory expectations as well as head office minimum standards. Purpose
The Analyst, QA is responsible to execute the Quality Assurance and System Tests for the Financial Intelligence Unit and for analyzing, defining, and developing reports to support the day-to-day functions of the QA Department in addition to identifying opportunities for local improvements to productivity, decision effectiveness, and the user experience. Role Accountabilities
• Perform analytics and reporting to generate accurate and insightful perspective on rule effectiveness, detection rates, false positive rates and volume.
• Maintain thorough understanding of AML/ATF capabilities, gaps and opportunities.
• Provide analytic support in the development and implementation QA strategic plans.
• Support the ongoing and periodic evaluation of existing and new QA tools and solutions to address changing business needs and emerging risk.
• Perform QA reviews and evaluation of business initiatives, product and projects with respect to AML/ATF implications and formulate insightful guidance and input to senior business leaders.
• Ensure accuracy and effectiveness of QA reviews and drive periodic enhancements as needed.
• Complete process mapping and documentation as required.
• Execute all Quality Assurance and System test cases, and complete the documentation of results for various types of testing as required
• Report and log all defects and non-conformances timely and accurately
• Other analytical, data gathering, and statistics related activities as they arise.
• Other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications
o University or College Degree or equivalent work experience
o Minimum 2 - 3 years of work related experience within the Financial Services Industry
o Association of Certified Money Laundering Specialist designation ("ACAMS") is considered an asset
o Experience in consumer banking products
• Specialized Knowledge
o Working knowledge of FIU systems and software
o Prior QA or audit experience preferred but not required
• Technical Skills
o Knowledge of SQL and relational databases
o Strong computer literacy skills with extensive experience using MS Office Suite (including developing MS Office applications e.g. Power Bi, Excel, power point)
o Ability to work autonomously under tight timelines
o Ability to work in a dynamic environment
o Strong verbal, written and communication skills
o High attention to detail and organizational skills
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here . Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted. Job Segment:
QA, Quality Assurance, Testing, Technical Support, Investment Banking, Quality, Technology, Finance