A career in our Personal Financial Service practice, within PwC Private, will provide the opportunity to help private companies with a range of business advisory needs such as audit, tax compliance, and planning to help improve their operational efficiency and to free up time that can be spent focusing on business strategy. You'll have the opportunity to experience the entire business life cycle of a private company from inception to growth, maturity and transition. Our team helps our clients develop, design and implement plans to achieve their personal wealth goals and ensure maintenance for future generations. You'll focus on analysing the tax efficiencies of income tax, investment, insurance and risk, and other lifestyle investments planning to establish a foundation for financial longevity.\"\n\nOur PwC Private teams help entrepreneurs, private business owners and family enterprises manage their ownership and growth at every stage, in a way that fits the needs of their business in today's changing global landscape.Purpose-led work you'll be part of
As a PwC Private Senior Associate, you'll work as part of a team of problem solvers, helping to solve complex business issues from strategy to execution. PwC Professional skills and responsibilities for this management level include but are not limited to:
Estate, Trust and Shareholder planning for Canadian private business families
• Canadian tax planning strategies for Canadian privately owned business, including trust, estate and CCPC compensation and distribution planning
• Review and prepare Canadian compliance (T1, T2 and T3 returns) for Canadian shareholders, including working on tax provisions, financial statements and writing memos
• Compilation of information relating to clients and preparation of client files
• Documentation, research and follow-up on client Tax issues
• Use feedback and reflection to develop self awareness, personal strengths and address development areas.
• Delegate to others to provide stretch opportunities and coach to help deliver results.
• Develop new ideas and propose innovative solutions to problems.
• Use a broad range of tools and techniques to extract insights from current trends in the business area.
• Review your work and that of others for quality, accuracy and relevance.
• Share relevant thought leadership.
• Use straightforward communication, in a structured way, when influencing others.
• Able to read situations and modify behavior to build quality, diverse relationships.
• Uphold the firm's code of ethics and business conduct. Experience and skills you'll use to solve
• An interest in upskilling for a digital world and technology trends, an openness to learning new tools and adapting how you work
• A demonstrated commitment to valuing differences and working alongside diverse people and perspectives
• CPA or working towards CPA designation
• CPA In-Depth Tax course (Level 1 & 2) completed or in progress is an asset
• Strong technical tax knowledge and research capabilities and capacity/willingness to learn
• Desire to work in a fast paced and dynamic team-based environment - working with multidisciplinary tax and advisory teams
• Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills
• Ability to work effectively under pressure and manage multiple assignments
• Strong analytical capability, sound business sense and creative mind Why you'll love PwC
We're inspiring and empowering our people to change the world. Powered by the latest technology, you'll be a part of amazing teams helping public and private clients build trust and deliver sustained outcomes. This purpose-led work, and our continuous development environment, will take your career to the next level. We reward your impact, and support your wellbeing, through a competitive compensation package, inclusive benefits and flexibility programs that will help you thrive in work and life. Learn more about us at http://pwc.com/ca/whypwc .Your Application to PwC
We embrace new technology to deliver securely and differently for our candidates. To protect your personal information, apply at http://pwc.com/ca/careers and visit http://pwc.com/ca/applytopwc to learn more about what your recruitment experience could look like.Putting the safety of our people and clients first as we look to a hybrid future
At this time, PwC does not require, but strongly encourages, full vaccination in order to access its offices. Some of our clients may require vaccination and other restrictions to be in place to access their premises. You may, therefore, be required to be vaccinated and comply with all other restrictions where applicable. At PwC, the future ways of work will be a hybrid of in-person and virtual, allowing choice and flexibility to explore new ways of working and collaborating, based on client, team and individual needs.
At PwC Canada, our most valuable asset is our people and we grow stronger as we learn from one another. We're committed to creating an equitable and inclusive community of solvers where everyone feels that they truly belong. We understand that experience comes in many forms and building trust in society and solving important problems is only possible if we reflect the mosaic of the society we live in.
We're committed to providing accommodations throughout the application, interview, and employment process. If you require an accommodation to be at your best, please let us know during the application process.